Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Disaster_Guy

Yonkers, NY - Working Fire -- 7/14/12

1 post in this topic

Date: 7/14/12

Time: 23:10 hrs

Location: 56 William Street x Webster Avenue (Nodine Hill neighborhood), Yonkers, NY

Frequency:

Units Operating: Yonkers Fire Department-

Box Assignment: (Assignment was a little funky. B-2 covering the city due to recent cuts. I believe 75, using a spare, broke down, per nycfire.net post)

Engines 306, 303, 312, 304;

Ladders 71, 74;

Rescue 1;

B-2.

Yonkers Police Department

Empress EMS

Yonkers Office of Emergency Management (OEM)

American Red Cross.

Weather Conditions: 80 Degrees, Fair.

Description of Incident: Minor working fire on the first floor of a three-story Multiple Dwelling. Fire was declared under control approximately 30 minutes after arrival on scene. Fire gutted the bedroom of a basement apartment. Description of structure can be found here. One FF briefly treated at to St. Josephs Hospital for a knee injury. Cause remains under investigation. The only tenant lived in a third-floor apartment and was allowed to return. The American Red Cross was called to provide assistance to the displaced on 7/16.

Reporters: Yonkers OEM Twitter; Larchmont_Boy; truck4 (via nycfire.net);

News Articles: The Journal News.

(Note, I did not listen to this incident live. Almost all of the info below is from Yonkers OEM Twitter. All times should be considered approximate.)

23:10 hrs: 10/29 - 10/30 at 56 Williams St. Full alarm. Rescue is on scene. People are in the streets. [Yonkers OEM monitoring.]

23:11 hrs: 306 confirmed. Fire on the 1st floor.

23:15 hrs: All hands working.

23:18 hrs: OEM responding.

23:42 hrs: B-2 reporting fire is under control.

00:10 hrs: Fire is out. OEM has secured the scene.

Please PM me if you have any more information.

sfrd18 likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0