Followers 0
rpbravest29fd

(Upcoming Delivery) - Middletown, NY

13 posts in this topic

County: Orange

City/Town/Municipality/Dept: Middletown

Unit designation/identifier:

Chassis & Body (or Aerial) Manufacturer and model: Seagrave

Pump size, tank size (water/foam), aerial type & length: 100ft rear-mount aerial, no pump or tank

Estimated delivery date:

Notes: From Seagrave Facebook page.

They should also look into getting a new tower ladder. Heard the other day at the Circleville show they smacked that up again.

They should also look into getting a new tower ladder. Heard the other day at the Circleville show they smacked that up again.

a 2nd new one? this here says "100ft aerial"

The Truck 3 incident sounds like a repeat of a few years ago....cut the turn a little too soon coming out of the bay and botched up the tail end of the rig.

Since we're keeping track, somebody ripped a cabinet door off of Engine 1 again, too.

Hopefully they get it out of their systems (LOL!) before the new Truck 1 arrives. Have heard anywhere between December and February for an ETA, but if it's starting to be built already, I say probably sooner than later.

x4093k likes this

Andy any idea why they are going with a rearmount instead of a tractor-drawn aerial?

Budget..... The city is trying to cut back manpower, fortunately I heard it is spelled out in their contract that Truck 1 is to be staffed with two firefighters at all times.

Edited by dashield

Thank you Andy, old buddy for clarifying the point I was sarcastically trying to make.

Truck 3 was also involved in a major MVA a few months back where they were t-boned. I know the truck was repaired so with thy I can see why they are planning a new tower for them.

(*)

T-bone MVA was two years ago. They wanted to total it and buy a demo or stock unit to replace it and get back in business, but I believe the insurance company decided they wanted it fixed instead. Cost of repairs nearly matched what the rig cost when new in 1996, and they had a slew of issues with it once it did come back.

Yes, as was stated, the reason for ditching the tiller was to try to eliminate one paid position. They need 32 firefighters to keep each rig staffed 24/7 now, and the current roster is (if not mistaken) 27. Engine 4 has been OOS getting repainted and some other issues, and they aren't running the old E6 as a spare in it's place for whatever reason.

Budget..... The city is trying to cut back manpower, unfortunately I heard it is spelled out in their contract that Truck 1 is to be staffed with two firefighters at all times.

Typo?

Why would it be unfortunate to staff the rig with two. One is dangerous and inadequete, two is better but still half of what is optimal.

Typo?

Why would it be unfortunate to staff the rig with two. One is dangerous and inadequete, two is better but still half of what is optimal.

Typo.... Thanks!

16fire5 likes this

Andy, that accident was 2 years ago?? Seems like it was only a few month back. Thanks for the correct info.

Andy, that accident was 2 years ago?? Seems like it was only a few month back. Thanks for the correct info.

It was the afternoon of Memorial Day 2010.