Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EdAngiolillo

Mobile Life Support Question

12 posts in this topic

Since I'm up this way for a few days - does MLSS have set stand-by posts in Ulster County? Hearing them a lot second-due or ALS in a lot of places and wondering about status system mgmt,...

If anyone has an answer and can't share it for some reason, PM me, please.

Thanks!

MLSS has stations in Highland, Kingston, New Patlz, Modena, and Rosendale. Some of these are contract stations which means they are always staffed. Some of them are staffed as call volume and staffing permits.

I believe that MLSS is either the contracted ALS provider or 2nd due when the local vollies can't get out for such places as Accord, Kerhonkson, Esopus, etc.

NWFD Medic can give you the complete rundown.

JetPhoto and EdAngiolillo like this

MLSS has their main reporting station in the City of Kingston (14) with anywhere between 2 (in the very early morning) to 8 crews on at a time (mostly ALS ambulances, one or two BLS transport trucks, and occasionally a fly-car medic) there is a posting station in the Town of Ulster (16) that is staffed with a truck out of Kingston as needed. There is a reporting station in Rosendale (15), that is staffed 24/7 with one ALS truck and backfilled as needed. There is a posting station in Modena (13) that is usually filled from Newburgh (1) , a reporting station in Highland (18) at the firehouse that has two ALS trucks 24/7, and a posting station on 299 in Lloyd (17) that filled as the system allows. Finally there is a BLS truck in Marlborough (19) that is staffed 12 hours a day 7 days a week and 911 dedicated, ALS is usually sent from either 18 or 1. Thats about it for Ulster county.

EdAngiolillo likes this

Reporting = Report there to work?

Posting = Rig gets posted there?

Thanks

Reporting = Report there to work?

Posting = Rig gets posted there?

Thanks

yes, that is correct.

I forgot about Marlboro - Station 19.

16Fire5,

All of Mobile Life's "posting" stations, with exception of Post 1 North (Nbg -Beacon Bridge) & Post 22 (Town of Wappingers) which are never used very long, are physical stations with a seating area, TV, lavatory, ect.

OK,...while I'm at it, what about Orange & Rockland counties? Just curious.

Nothing in Rockland.

Orange has stations in City of Newburgh (1), Town of Newburgh (3), Montgomery (8), Middletown, Circleville, Goshen, Monroe, medic at Stewart Airport for Lifeguard-18, as well as the previously mentioned Post 1 North. The headquarters/dispatch is on 9W in New Windsor.

Dutchess County Stations: Village of Fishkill (20)(covering the village and most of the town), East Fishkill (21), Village of Wappingers(23), Town of Poughkeepsie (25), City of Poughkeepsie (26), Hyde Park (27), and the previously mentioned Post 22.

i think that covers most of it.

EdAngiolillo likes this

I thought Wappingers was TransCare or was that only the town and not the village

I thought Wappingers was TransCare or was that only the town and not the village

Town is TransCare. Village is MLSS.