Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LEGENDARYDOM83

Any info on the SUNY RCC Paramedic Program?

2 posts in this topic

I wanted to know if anyone has taken or is planning to take the paramedic program at SUNY Rockland Community College and can offer a little insight on the program? I am an Army Combat Medic looking to get my paramedic cert and heard that it was a pretty good program.

Thanks

BigBuff and x635 like this

Dom, I am also an Army medic, and I am a graduate of the RCC Medic program. that being said, of course I am a little biased. I think it was a great program, and from what I have seen as compared to other medic programs they offer the most diverse locations to do field hours, and clinical locations. the instructors come from a very diverse background as well, and you can really get a feel for different styles of EMS. Pete Andryuk is a great CIC, and Eric Jiminez is probably one of the finest instructors around. I know they preferred us to have A&P 1 as a prerequisite, but it was not required when I took the course, and I cannot speak for now. I would definitely recommend this program to you. A very long year, but it was worth it in the long haul.

also, im not sure of your military status (AD,AR,NG) and if you have previous deployments, but if you are eligible look into the Post 9/11 GI Bill. this being a technical school or certification course is most certainly covered.

any other question don't hesitate to PM me... good luck brother!

x635 likes this