Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BFD1054

Vails Gate (Orange) - MVA w/Double Medevac - 08-28-12

1 post in this topic

Date: 08-28-12

Time: 1445hrs (approx)

Frequency: OC911/Base-5

Units Operating: New Windsor EMS w/Chief, (2) Ambulances, Medic, Blooming Grove Medic, Stat-Flight Air-2, Hackensack UMC Air-1, New Windsor PD w/Numerous, Vails Gate FD Car-2, E481, E478.

Weather Conditions: Clear/Hot

Description Of Incident: Motorcycle vs. Tractor Trailer MVA

Reporters: BFD1054, INIT915

1445hrs (approx)-Vails Gate FD requested to set-up an LZ. New Windsor EMS operating at a serious motorcycle vs. tractor trailer MVA IAO Schlesingers Steak House and requesting a Medevac.

Vails Gate E481 responded and set-up an LZ at the nearby Price Chopper parking lot where New Windsor PD had secured a large area for them.

New Windsor EMS then advised Vails Gate units that they would be requesting a 2nd Medevac.

OC911 advised that the 2nd Medevac would be out of Hackensack University Medical Center with an approximate 20 minute ETA.

Vails Gate LZ Command advised that there was plenty of room to land both Medevacs at their current location. E481's officer then radioed to Station-1 to request a 2nd Engine to assist at the LZ. Members who were standing by immediately responded with E478.

Stat Flight Air-1 was off the ground before Hackensack UMC Air-1 made its approach. HUMC Air-1 then landed w/E481 and E478 standing by.

New Windsor EMS transferred patient care to the crew of HUMC Air-1, which then transported the 2nd patient.

All Fire, EMS and PD units then picked up and went back in service.

*sorry i do not have exact times as i was operating at the LZ.

**Also, i was not monitoring EMS, so i do not have original dispatch/on scene info.

Edited by BFD1054
PFDRes47cue and JetPhoto like this