Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr. Zuki

County FD 453.925 vs. Yonkers PD 453.925 ?????

12 posts in this topic

is there any way that I can block out the county fire calls on 453.925 and only hear Yonkers PD on that same channel ????

Yonkers PD doesn't use this frequency too often. But what i county calls start "stepping on" Yonkers PD transmissions???

Why did the FCC give the county use of this frequency if Yonkers is so close by?

Do they use different PLs or DPLs? If so and you have a scanner that filters out by PL, you can program them in to help filter out the stuff you don't want to hear. If they both use the same (D)PL or none at all, then you're kinda SOL.

I'm not exactly the expert on this stuff (far from it), but aren't all of Yonkers PD communications on digital radio? You shouldn't be getting overlap with county frequencies because they aren't digital. Not sure though...

I have the BC785 digital scanner which obviously picks up analog county signals. Not sure if digital even uses PL's or DPL's.this scanner

Is there a (D)PL for the county fire repeater on 453.925????

The DPL for the freq is 413. That should help you out. Also when listening to Yonkers PD,all 3 freqs are digital and do not need a PL/DPL. , However, you will pick analog on the freq if close enough. You may want to keep YPD F-3 on a -5 if you have the 785 or 796.

That DPL is to allow only the fire repeater to come through, correct?

billo647,

Thanks for the reply. What do you mean when you say "You may want to keep YPD F3 on a -5." ????

I do have the BC785.

Thank You.

The DPL will allow you to monitor the fire side only. As far as the -5....The 785/796 have different delay settings. If you put YPD F-3 on a -5 it will only stop and monitor for 5 seconds and then begin scanning again. Nice feature for very busy depts without having to lock them out to listen to everyone else. I keep WCPD on a neg.5. Hope this helps out.

8) HI guys, just as an F.Y.I. 453.925 ( I think pl is 114.8 ) is also the response frequency for Dutchess county 911.

I lowered the antenna and don't receive the Putnam stuff anymore. Hopefully YPD Channel 3 will again be heard.

Ch 3 is not even worth listening too unless you hear a car req another unit to switch over...we don't even monitor it in the radio room until we want to see what they want each other for.........