Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
southendexpress

detroit medic punished for giving a fire victim a blanket.

8 posts in this topic

http://www.myfoxdetr...d-man-a-blanket

By Charlie LeDuff

FOX 2 News Reporter

DETROIT -- A Detroit paramedic says he is in trouble for breaking the rules. His offense? Giving a cold man a blanket.

Top brass tell us employees must have permission to hand out "department property", but that blanket was one of many donated to the department to help people in need.

Ladies and gentlemen, this might be the most ridiculous and bone-headed Detroit ambulance story yet. It started two weeks ago when a house caught on fire. An old cripple man lived inside. They brought him outside. He was in his underwear. It was cold. He was shivering. You give him a blanket, right? Right. Then guess what happened?

"I'm being punished for giving a man a blanket," said paramedic Jeff Gaglio.

As if Detroit doesn't have enough issues. Talk about one incredibly hostile work environment.

I know Detroit is broke, but you mean to tell me that they can't spare the 50 cents that it probably cost for the exemplified ratty blanket? Come on.

I know Detroit is broke, but you mean to tell me that they can't spare the 50 cents that it probably cost for the exemplified ratty blanket? Come on.

Not even 50 cents, the darn thing was DONATED!

Not even 50 cents, the darn thing was DONATED!

Administrators with their heads up their a$$!

What the Hell is going on in Detroit ! PD commis resigns in disgrace, a few weeks ago their own PD is telling people to visit the city at their own risk because they feel they are unable to protect them. What's next, health care professionals telling people to move out because their own city is trying to kill them ! Time for the President to declare Detroit a federal disaster area and send in the troops !

x4093k likes this

this has to be a joke....i thought medics were suppose to help people and not be punished for it...i think they should be worrying about other things rather then this; such as their money issues......

x4093k likes this

I feel bad for the DFD guys and gals, a lot of the crap they are going through is redicuous!! Tahnkfully they have a good reporter in Charlie (which I think we all should have as a friend in the news media) who is exposing the problems and keeping it out there for them!