Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skooter92

In The Kitchen-A Place To Share Recipes

10 posts in this topic

In The Kitchen is meant to be a place to share recipes whether for feeding 250 hungry comrades, or for a nice romantic dinner for two. Post what you have, or if you need a recipe, post with the word "Needed:" and the nature, ex. "Chili Recipe for 50" in the subject. Some of the best meals I have ever had were in quarters or at an MOS's place-for all the cooks out there, it's time for you to come out of hiding and face the applause!

This will be for 10-15 people but you can increase it, just make sure the pot is big enough!

Ok, for the gravy you need:

2-3 cans of tomato sauce. (I like hunts but use what you like.)

2-3 cans of tomato paste.

1 onion, 1 clove of fresh garlic.

Olive oil, and assorted spices.

Meat of choice.

A big pot! :D

Coat the bottom of the pot with olive oil (not too much), get it hot and simmer as much onion and garlic as you like. When it starts to get a little brown add sauce and paste. Stir Well. Add one sauce can of water (more if you like it thin) and bring to a boil. Add spices (salt, pepper, etc...whatever floats your boat), reduce heat to a simmer. Let simmer for at least 1 hour (all through the process keep stirring...Don't let it stick!).

For the Meatballs:

1-2 pounds of chop meat (lean).

breadcumbs

3-5 eggs

salt, pepper, parsley, and maybe some oregano

*raisins and nuts if you want, but not for me.

Mix all of the above in a large bowl, use your hands not a mixer or anything, but please make sure they are clean!! If you keep your hands slightly moist throughout the meatball process it will allow you to make the balls without them sticking to you and breaking. Add the breadcrumbs last as you want to put only what you need to add consistency. Once you've made a mountain of meatballs, take the sausage out of the fridge and take out your frying pan.

Use olive oil and fry up the meatballs until golden brown. Don't worry if they don't cook 100% because they will cook more in the gravy. Now the sausage is a different story. Fry them untill they are cooked through. If you want to add other meat to this recipe now is the time.

Ok so your gravy has been simmering for an hour or so now and you have a plate or two full of meat. Well add the meat to the gravy and stir it well. Let simmer for another hour or two. Boil up a few pounds of pasta and there you go. Make sure you have some fresh grated cheese on the table and enjoy!! :D

ps:

For Fra Diablo :twisted: add some red pepper and have line stretched and ready!!

Ugh. Why do american italians insist on calling it "gravy"???? Good looking tho. I'll have to give it a try.

Ugh. Why do american italians insist on calling it "gravy"???? Good looking tho. I'll have to give it a try.

I don't know, why do you have to say good looking tho?

Quick Chicken Pot Pie (4-6 people)

2 frozen deep dish pie crusts

2 cans Campells Cream of Chicken or Cream of Mushroom Soup

1 Grocery store rotissery or roasted chicken

1 can whole kernal corn

1 package frozen baby peas

1 package "baby" carrots"

Take one pie crust let it sit 10 minutes to warm up a little (leave the other one in the freezer). Prick with fork and bake empty 10-14 minutes @ 375.

Take chicken, remove all skin (discard) and then strip it of every ounce of usuable meat. Dice the meat.

Slice into nickle size pieces aprox half of the carrots (save the rest for another meal) and quickly boil them for 3 or so minutes until reasonabaly tender..

Combine, half the peas, corn, carrots, two cans of soup (don't add water) and as much of the chicken as you want into a pot and heat. (by this time the crust in the oven should be done.)

Save the remainder of the chicken to make chicken salad for lunch the next day.

Pour the mix of chix, soup, and veggies into the pie crust. Salt, pepper, oregeno, other spices to your own taste.

Take the frozen pie crust and turn it upside down on top of the cooked crust that is full of mix. Eventually the crust will begin to defrost and fall out of the tin. Remove tin without ripping top crust. Message the top crust around the top of the pie to seal it and place back into the oven for 10 minutes (give or take).

After aprox 10 minutes switch to broiler to brown crust for 2 mintues.

Usually served with naked (no gravy) mashed potatos this is a big hit.

Shouldn't take more than 20minutes (maybe more the first time out) from start to finish.

I make this at home a lot. Quick and easy!

Up to three pounds of your favorite meat, but especially beef bottom round and pork shoulder or pork loin, cut into 2" cubes;

1/3-1/2 the meat amount of green bell peepers, cut into large chunks;

1/3-1/2 the meat amout of white onions, cut into large chunks;

Cherry tomotoes, quantity to suit;

Wooden skewers.

1-16oz can of frozen Orange juice concentate, thawed;

16 oz of soy sauce;

1/2 cup of ketchup;

1/4 tsp. of ground ginger;

1/4 tsp. of ground cayenne pepper (more if desired);

1/2 tsp. of garlic powder.

Combine OJ concentrate, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and ginger in a large bowl. Add meat cubes and allow to marinate for at least 1/2 an hour.

Combine green pepper and onion segments in another bowl, add 1/4 cup of water and cover tightly. Microwave on high for two or three minutes.

Place meat and vegetable cubes on skewers with tomatoes, and slow grill (preferrably closed) over a low to medium flame. Turn often and brush on additional sauce.

Me like kabobs! Nice recipe!

"Chicken" and Rice

1 adult Cat or 3 Kittens

4 cups Uncle Ben's Rice

Dice up the cat to bite size pieces, place in wok, add 2 full sticks of butter, and 1 cup oil. Fry to a gloden coating. Cook the rice.

Hint Try to get the freshest Cat, I go to Vet's they can usually give you some very fresh.

Good Eats

Do you prefer your cat with the bones still in? Some folks say it gives more flavor, but it seems like more of a hassle to me. Try deboned cat instead.

Ok. So it's cold and snowy. That just means it's soup time.

1 Small chicken or Split breasts if you prefer.

1 Bunch celery

1 Bunch carrots

3-6 Potatoes (peeled)

1 Onion

Grated Cheese, Black Pepper, Salt, Garlic Powder

As much pasta as nedded.

Well, take a large pot fill 3/4 of the way with water and bring to a rolling boil. Put the chicken in and let cook for 30-40 min. Skim the fat and grease off while cooking. While the chicken is cooking, clean and peel the carrots and potatoes, and chop up all the veggies. You might only want 1/2 an onion, it is up to you. Add the vegies and let it cook 20-35 min. Ok add a dash of garlic, a little salt, a punch of pepper( a little spice warms you up better). Now add some grated cheese maybe 2-4 tablespoons depending how much you like cheese. Let this simmer for another 10-15 min. While that is simmering get another pot. Boil water, add pasta of choice, cook, drain, and add it to the soup. There you go real easy and real good on a cold day full of snow and other fun stuff. Enjoy.