Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WAS967

Antique Military Police Vehicle sighting

5 posts in this topic

This kinda falls under the topic of apparatus. I was driving home from shift today across Route 202 in Cortlandt just near the Farmer's Market. I spotting this old time vehicle (I'm guessing from the 1950 possibly) with Military Police markings. It had the old single gum drop red light on top and was complete with two MPs in MP uniforms at the helm. I'm guessing they are either out of Camp Smith or is there some movie shooting in the area??? Anyone else spot this little piece of history or was I just seeing things? Traffic was unfortunatly to heavy to get a closer look on make/model or to pull a U-Turn to try and get pictures. Oh well.

Could be the one they park outside the Michie Stadium entrance gate for cadet home games.

If you know of any picture links or can post a picture here I'd know it if I saw it/one like it.

I've seen it before too.

I don't know who owns it, but I believe WCFF is right, it goes to every Army game at West Point.

This might be the car club that does the PD vehicle restorations. I will ask around. Would also be interested in seeing it myself.