Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Putnam 911 and 10-Codes??

10 posts in this topic

what do you think, Easier dispatching?

Putnam County uses plain english and has for many years since 40-Control was at the Sheriffs Department

And don't ever say, K to P-911.

I'll be sure to remember that next time I go to M/A to Brewster. :->

plain english seems to be working just fine on putnam 911...

Maybe someday they will actually be able to "read" the radio ID put out the each unit--technology is great--when it works!!! And no I am not picking on them--great bunch up there!!

I do however get frustrated with the --"Last Unit Calling Putnam 9-1-1"?

This would also help id the individuals improperly using the radio and possible the unit with the "open mic."

It also helps if your ear is trained. One ear on the radio, one ear on the dispatch floor.

As for the K thing, I was still a member of Lake Carmel when I got on the job in the city. I came over the radio, 17-7-1 to 40 control, K.

We're 10-8 from Putnam Hospital returning to quarters.

I believe the answer I got was "LMNOP"

Maybe someday they will actually be able to "read" the radio ID put out the each unit--technology is great--when it works!!!

The identifier on the radios don't always come up on the radios in the 911 center - also, just an example 18-7-1 comes up as 1062 (doesn't really help. Until recently 23-1-2 came up as 23-9-4 - we can read what is on the screen, BUT, make it even worse when it's a unit that hasn't even responded.

Really not all that hard to program the radio's with the proper ID--portables do need to be re done as they are passed around however. The question I have is--which Identifier's do you pick up? Motorola MDC 1200, The Kenwood ID, or the "chip" ID NYCOMCO put in all the Kenwood radio's?