Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FFPCogs

Firemen are firemen the world over

5 posts in this topic

I often spout off against events and regimes in the Middle East, at times especially Iran, but here's story of interest that clearly shows that firemen are firemen the world over..including Iran. I will let you read it for the details but just want to say that FF Abbasi is a true hero that gave and then gave more.

http://www.firefighterclosecalls.com.../newsid/187799

JetPhoto likes this

Hey Cogs, I dont know if its just me but the link doesnt work. Thanks!

No It's not just

Here's the story guys...sorry about the link.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 Iranian Firefighter Omid Abbasi was part of a team of firefighters that responded to a residential building fire in Tehran (Iran) last Tuesday. A young woman with her two children were trapped inside an apartment. The woman managed to escape along with her son, but her 9-year-old daughter was hanging from a window and was on the brink of a free fall when she was saved by the firefighters. When FF Abbasi learned there was a young girl trapped in the building, he rushed in to save her. He gave her his SCBA mask, but by the time he had gotten her to safety, Abbasi went down and they were unable to revive him. After his death, Abbasi's family donated his organs to three patients in need of transplants. According to Jalal Maleki, the spokesman of Iran’s Firefighters Organization, body parts of firefighter Omid Abbasi were offered to patients in need of transplants.
High ranking Iranian officials, including Mohammad Baqer Qalibaf, Tehran’s Mayor, attended Omid Abbassi’s funeral. They came to share the sorrow of his death with his family, friends and colleagues. Tehran Fire Department Spokesman told us what happened on that day and about Omid Abbasi: The little girl who was saved was also at the funeral and thanked the fireman who died for her.

R.I.P.