Parade Shots of My Departments Rigs with New UTV Brush Unit

6 posts in this topic

Moose with my Pride and Joy!!

post-3032-0-97041000-1369742653.jpg

Engine Tanker 2031 (1500gpm/2000gallon)

post-3032-0-72934700-1369742636.jpg

Brush Truck 2051 with our new UTV 4-wheeler 2062

post-3032-0-93151800-1369742764.jpg

Close up of our new 4-wheeler 2012 Cub Cadet with 35 gallon tank and electric pump, trigger nozzle

post-3032-0-08192500-1369742809.jpg

Edited by firemoose827

This new 4-wheeler is for brush fire and rescue response, has a 35 gallon tank, electric pump, 25 feet of hose with a trigger gun so we can ride the flanks and get a quick attack on the fire. It carries 2 soft indian tanks, union rake, pulaski tool, broom and an 18" Husqvarna Chain Saw and can carry 4 firefighters to the front. We were going to get a skid unit with rescue body but it was too pricey for us right now so we made due with what we could purchase. The tank and pump unit came from a local FD that bought it and only used it for a little while before up-grading so thank you to the Middleburgh Fire Department for that deal.

At the end of the parade, my daughter came with me and we shook the hands of every veteran on a float for them, she was right there with me making me proud as a daddy!

I'm wondering if he means four guys to the front lines for attacking the fire?

I see two seats.. where do you fit the four guys?

Two guys sit in the cargo area/tailgate and we deploy them to hit hot spots while we hit the flanks with the water gun.

Sorry, I forgot to mention the other truck in photo 2 of our engine/tanker. Behind the tanker you will see our rescue truck, 1986 GMC Heavy Recue with walk in body, seating for 5 with packs, TIC, 4-gas meter, Amkus Rescue tools (cutter, spreader and rams), air tools and bags, cribbing, hand tools, spare bottles, RIT Pack and light tower. Originally from Orange County NY.