firemoose827

Brotherhood in the Fire Service

Does Brotherhood Still Exist?   67 members have voted

1. 1. Brotherhood in the fire service is ________?

• Alive and kicking, stronger then ever!
    • Alive in some cliques...
    • There....somewhere....
    • Gone and forgotten...

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

67 posts in this topic

I volunteer to help my community and do something productive with my time. I LOVE being a fireman.

I also understand and respect not responding to career depts. that are getting shafted with layoffs and hiring freezes I get it.

I never got into the career vs volunteer bs, so please don't interpret this as that.

My question is : Where is the brotherhood in career members complaining in one breath about the lack of manpower, but then complaining again when they hire because their overtime is either cut or now nonexistent with the new hires

And you my friend are a man who has no values. You have no clue what it means to feed your family from your trade, regardless if it is hanging sheetrock running conduit or leveling pipe. So your willingness to 'help' others is in fact NOT helping anyone but yourself and your ego, and that is a FACT!

Not to be argumentative, but I think it would be safe to say he does have values, just that his values are different from your values/viewpoints.

firemoose827 likes this

My question is : Where is the brotherhood in career members complaining in one breath about the lack of manpower, but then complaining again when they hire because their overtime is either cut or now nonexistent with the new hires

Reminds me of my job; they guys all complained about work load and too much over time; once the company hired more manpower, the overtime virtually dried up and they almost all to a man complained there was virtually no overtime. They shot themselves in the foot in the long run.

firemoose827 likes this

And you my friend are a man who has no values. You have no clue what it means to feed your family from your trade, regardless if it is hanging sheetrock running conduit or leveling pipe. So your willingness to 'help' others is in fact NOT helping anyone but yourself and your ego, and that is a FACT!

I may have started this topic but lets not forget I am also a Moderator. Lets keep the personal jabs out of the discussion and let each other share their opinions and beliefs, this is un-professional to say the least and these type of personal attacks have no merrit either in this discussion or this site. No more personal insults or warnings will go out.

Please carry on the informative part of this discussion and keep personal insults out of it. Thank you.

dave0820, FFPCogs and AFS1970 like this

They aren't personal insults, they are observations based on facts. But you are right, this is going away from your original post.

They aren't personal insults, they are observations based on facts. But you are right, this is going away from your original post.

Yes it is veering off so why don't you PM me everbodygoes with the "facts" of which you speak, I'm sure your observations will be most enlightening.

That said, this is a great topic that illustrates the state of Brotherhood in the fire service today, thanks Brian for starting it. Hopefully members will continue to chime in with their views and experiences..

Edited by FFPCogs
firemoose827 likes this

Please look at this image, I have used it before and feel its time to use it again, this is how I feel about the matter simply stated; Brotherhood MEANS Brotherhood, no parameters or exceptions, I feel egos have gotten in the way of brotherhood and true family.

Stay Safe all.

post-3032-0-76936200-1378987722.jpg

FFPCogs, AFS1970 and calhobs like this