Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Interstate 84 To Be Closed Two Weekends At NY/Conn Border

2 posts in this topic

INTERSTATE 84 TO BE CLOSED TWO WEEKENDS AT NY/CONN BORDER

Use Alternative Routes Near Conn/NY Border Beginning Sept.21st / 22nd

The New York State Department of Transportation is replacing two bridges carrying Interstate 84 eastbound and westbound over Dingle Ridge Road in the Town of Southeast, Putnam County. The work is being accelerated to minimize traffic impacts, but will require the interstate to be closed in that area during two weekends:

· Weekend of Sept. 21st / 22nd - I-84 eastbound will be closed at Exit 20 in the Town of Southeast in NY. Traffic will be detoured onto Route 6 in NY and returned to I-84 at Exit 1 in the Town of Danbury, CT.

· Weekend of either Sept. 28th / 29thor Oct. 5th /6th - I-84 westbound will be closed at Exit 1 in CT., and directed back onto I-84 at Exit 20 in the Town of Southeast, NY.

Significant traffic delays are anticipated during these dates/times. Please use alternate routes and avoid traveling through this area during construction. All agencies should consider how these planned closures will affect your operations and plan accordingly.

For more information please visit: https://www.dot.ny.gov/NYI84CT

from the NYS dot website www.dot.ny.gov/NYI84CT, they changed which directions will be closed. Now its 84 W/B at the Connecticut state line will be closed on Sept 21-22 and then E/B at exit 20 will be closed either September 28-29 or October 5-6.