Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest DFFD227

What do ya got?

19 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, Just wondering what kind of scanning set up you have?

Right now I have 3 scanners (1 base, 2 portable)(Pro-2049, pro-96, pro-94) and I have a external Antenna called a "Spider". It's a mulit-purpose antenna, that looks sorta like a discone. I have it on my roof of a 6 story building, so it's up there...

I have a BC-780XLT, works great.

I was considering the Pro-96, but I really don't listen to agencies that use digital (If you can even get it to pick up digital). Plus, Radio Shack just copies everything Uniden does. Uniden is the best you can get. Another thing that strayed me away from the Pro-96 was the limitations of a portable scanner for me. This base can do everything I need and want, except make breakfast, and I have a low-end portable Uniden as well, which is great for toting around as needed. For my primary listening, which is Fire and sometimes aricraft, the 780 fits my needs perfectly, and it does EVERYTHING. My next step is to figure out how to use a software interface with it.

As for antennas, I was considering a discone, but decided to shy away from that idea due to the complexity that an installation/tuning can present, especially where I lived and had only one place to put the antenna. I've heard people have a lot of trouble with interference and loss with these as well. I use a simple larger car type multi band antenna which I mounted to the gutter of my house and my reception is great.

RWC130 has...

(2) Bearcat BC248CLT's

Thinking about getting the Bearcat BC785D or BC796D

that way I can monitor Yonkers PD and a few others.

In addition various Motorola, Kenwood portables

and mobiles.

I like to know what goes on...... haha

use an old scanner for YFD House Tones, and my work portable to hear anyone i want to listen to.... anyone.

I have a Uniden BC235XLT Trunk Tracker. I listen to the Arlington Fire Dept. most of the time.

I have an old Cobra SR-900 table-top scanner and a RadioShack Pro-70 portable. The Cobra is only a 16-channel and the Pro-70 is a 50. But i learned that i like the Cobra much better, and i don't care that much to hear 50 different channels scanning on the portable lol! The 16-channel Cobra is perfect for me, i have just enough fire and PD in it and thats all i need/want! I also use my Minitor IV to pick up a lot. My pager goes off of the Yorktown repeater i believe and i get great, clear reception! I was actually monitoring Mamo's fire the other night with my pager and it was perfect! I have also found that having too many channels is just annoying, if theres a big incident going on, i usually just lock the scanner on 1 or 2 channels anyway. The other thing that aggravates me is that my portable goes through batteries like crazy! But yeah, my old Cobra suits me just fine. I usually only have it on when i am playing playstation (i know, i'm a loser) or on the computer, so that if anything big comes in i can post it on the network and monitor it.

I got the Uniden scanner that is a pain in the a$$ to program.

Other then that, just my pager (Low-band), portable (UHF) and mobile (UHF) in the car. As the guys at work tease me about all the time, maybe one of these days I'll have a real car number... :cry:

If u wanna play w the big boys get yourself a ditgital scanneradio

I am looking into getting a new scanner (hopefully santa will bring it :D ) But i want a digital portable. Any seggestions? also, are there any good websites that have them?

Pro-96 - I will talk to you more about it in PM.

I just have a Bearcat 210XLT. It's old but still works ok. It makes some ungodly rackett sometimes and I have to punch it so I suppose it's getting tired and I'll have to replace it someday but not yet, I hope!

I have the BC 785d, BC760xlt,pro 92,and 3 16 channel scanners. All operating 24-7. BUUUUUFFFFFFF!!!!!

im runnin a Realistic PRO-2028, a Radioshack PRO 508 and a PRO-70, a Realistic Patrolman PRO-77 HI-LO antique, and two Minitor II pagers(one is my fathers and one is mine). i have the better charger with the speaker :-P

Does anyone have any experience, comments on this model scanner? I am undecided between the BC785D and the BC246. I have an interference problem in my car that has not allowed me to use anything than a handheld while in the car. Its feedback from the engine or other electronics or something. BC 350 was useless. I need something that has private lines and will be able to monitor the new county system when is finally debuts.

Suggestions.....

http://www.scannerworld.com/template.asp?v...wproduct=BC246T

i got the 785D. it works great i cant complain... it was a great buy for me

Threads like these make me feel I am not a big enough buff for this site. I have a pager! That's it, I am clearly not worthy.....Although, if anyone has a scanner they would like to give me as a Christmas gift: tis the season.

Merry Christmas

Ive got 2 pagers, one on 33.96 and one on 46.26 along with a scanner, RS Pro-82.

I too though am looking to upgrade my scanner. Ive been looking at the Uniden Bearcat BC245XLT. Anyone have other suggestions or comments?