Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Former Dobbs Ferry U-24 and Ambulance For Sale

8 posts in this topic

x U-24: "1988 Chevrolet 350 Custom Deluxe 30 Utility Truck"

http://www.auctionsinternational.com/servlet/Search.do?auctionId=3308&itemId=16081

x-DFVAC: "1990 Ford 350 XL Econoline Ambulance"

http://www.auctionsinternational.com/servlet/Search.do?auctionId=3308&itemId=16082

I know that there are several rural and poor US departments, especially in the southeast, that would LOVE to have these vehicles. It's sad that the Village is sending them out to the highest bidder, and it's always sad to see well-equipped departments snub departments in need.

Utility 24 is being replaced by a Freightliner utility truck.

No, it's not. It was replaced with a 2013 Ford F550-Super Duty 4x4/Specialty Vehicle Sales rescue-type body.

On the side menu bar, click comments. It should show a picture of DFFD's old utility; next to it is a comment saying that it was supposed to be replaced by a Freightliner utility vehicle.

Well I found it on that website too.

Yes, that is where I found the info!

Wasn't able to find anything saying a brand on that link, only a "new utility vehicle". I also found the bid packet for the new utility from the dobbs ferry village website stating a ford f550 chassis in the specs. I'm having a problem with creating a link. I'll try later on the home computer. Not tryin to argue guys, just bored enough tonight to want to discuss another departments utilities. Lol

Drop it. No matter what another site says, it doesn't change the fact that it is a Ford F-550 chassis, and NOT a Freightliner! The new Utility 24 has also been in service for over two months now.

Also, if you found the information on another site, cite your source and give that site credit (referring to original post claiming it's a Freightliner).