Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
everybodygoes

EMT Recert

3 posts in this topic

Missed the fall deadline so looking for a spring class. I was told by one school that the new textbook that is REQUIRED is 200 dollars. Has anyone else heard of this? Not that I think he is lying but is their anyway around this? I don't actively use it and the local program here in Putnam is way too far away. Is everyone using the same text book? It was described to me as the red ortho book. Was also told that a mandatory online training program is now in the program.

Thanks

x635 likes this

The book i used in january was a transitional book. I think i paid 50.00 dollars online There is also some online stuff but nothing major haz mat, ICS and some testing but overall easy.

I just took my NYS Recert and had my onsite test last week. For my class it was not mandatory to buy a new book. I used the same book that i bought in 2010 when I took my original EMT-B. I also have not heard of any classes for a recert that it was MANDATORY to buy a textbook. If for some reason that it is the case, my opinion would be to talk to your FD and see if they would purchase it.

I am definitely going for CME's the next go around...