Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Newest Ridgefield CT fire engine has a rough start

4 posts in this topic

The custom-built fire truck the town bought last year has had numerous problems, and spent a lot of time in the repair shop.

Is it a lemon? Selectwoman Maureen Kozlark asked. We dont want to get stuck with a $500,000 lemon.

Engine One, the new high-tech, custom-designed $575,000 pumper truck that the Fire Department proudly unveiled after delivery last winter, has had a rough start.

Plagued by a series of mechanical malfunctions and glitches, Engine One has been out of service 130 days since it went on the job, fire Chief Heather Burford told the selectmen recently.

Full article: http://www.theridgefieldpress.com/24356/newest-fire-engine-has-a-rough-start/

I've never been a big E-One fan. Most the dept's I know that have them have had numerous problems. But hey, they work for some. More power to them.

I think every manufacturer has their issues. I think E-One has really improved in their quality over the past several years, but they haven't been competitive enough with marketing and their quality control at the plant has been declining. It sounds like the dealer has been responsive in repairing the issues and the town is content with it for now.

By the way, who is the E-One dealer for CT? Greenwood?

I think every manufacturer has their issues. I think E-One has really improved in their quality over the past several years, but they haven't been competitive enough with marketing and their quality control at the plant has been declining. It sounds like the dealer has been responsive in repairing the issues and the town is content with it for now.

By the way, who is the E-One dealer for CT? Greenwood?

I agree, I worked for a Pierce dealership for several years. It wasn't uncommon to see new rigs being sent back multiple times by the departments that purchased them due to problems that needed to be corrected (some were major problems). Although many in the fire service consider Pierce to be head and tails above the rest it's not the case, no manufacturer of fire apparatus is problem free.

markmets415 likes this