Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Oshkosh Announces Budget ARFF Truck "Storm"

2 posts in this topic

It uses a Pierce Arrow XT cab.

The Oshkosh Storm is the optimized, economical solution for emergency runway response. Featuring exceptional maneuverability and toughness it meets the demands of on-road and off-road challenges, and delivers all of the advantages of cutting-edge fire fighting and foam proportioning systems. The result is an ecomonical, ICAO airport fire fighting solution, with the dependability and durablility to respond to any runway emergency.

Full details and photos: http://www.oshkoshairport.com/en/ARFFTrucks/Storm/Storm.aspx

This is interesting. I've never seen a vehicle like this for the ARFF service before. It looks like it's more designed towards a manpower-heavy operation, especially for larger airports that have larger ARFF departments (sorry, I don't think we'll ever see this at HPN). The Storm could be a great compliment to ARFF departments that also run on-field engine companies, thus bringing the manpower on an ARFF oriented vehicle rather than a modified engine. I can't wait to see how US airports apply this to their response agencies.

x635 likes this