Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ks1980

Any departments putting apparatus for sale or donation?

2 posts in this topic

Brothers and Sisters,

I previously was a volunteer up in northern Westchester (YHFD) And now live in Central Oregon and a member of Cloverdale Rural Fire District. Our current 2 front line engines are 1986 Pierce pumpers, which are way out of NFPA safety standards,. Our Board of Commissioner s are not helping the matter, we are fighting to get.a.tax levy this November. I am leading the fire fighters association in getting a pumper donated or us buying our own rig to lease to the district.

With that said I ask my colleagues back home for help. We do have cash reserves avavailable if purchasing, or perhaps a donation? So if your department is getting rid of a enclosed cab pumper please contact me.

x635 likes this

What is the make up of your district?

Is refurbishment a possibility? If those Pierce's pictured on your site are in decent condition, making it four doors in relatively inexpensive.

If you have money to spend, how much?

There are numerous departments in Westchester preparing to get new Engines and sell their old ones, but not for awhile.

There is also a lot of great used apparatus site with very good deals, and could take your engines as trade ins.