Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ja3kfd

Important Jimmy Boy Update 6/9/05 just the facts

11 posts in this topic

Dear Family and Friends,

I can only muster up the facts right now.

1. a new fast growing satellite tumor has developed on the left side of the brain (original is on the right)

2. this tumor was not there 6 weeks ago.

3. two spots in the original tumor seem to have become faster growing.

4. the neurosurgeon is working hard on finding the best coarse of action

5. the oncologists are working hard on and investigating studies that will be of benefit immediately.

6. all standard treatment has been used, therefore, it is time to investigate clinical trials

7. this is all very hard to digest, but we are thinking positive and hopefully, will have some answers within the next 24 hours.

Please pray, and know that we love you. Don't hesitate to visit or call - we need support. Jimboy is stable at the moment and still looking great. We are currently at Westchester Medical Maria Fareri Children's Hospital. We are going to give this our all. There will be no stone unturned. PRAY!!!! We love you all. God and Jimboy will guide us.

Love, Gina, Jim and Family

Our prayers and thoughts are with you................

Jim, Gina, Jimmy, and family.....you know we are all here with you. We know how tough and discouraging this is, but we all stand together in our support and love for you guys. Let any of us know if you need anything at all.....

Phone is on ALWAYS

thoughts and prayers are with you and your family......

I feel I need to touch base. We are marching forward as best we can. We will be getting information this afternoon.

Until then, I needed to thank each and every one of you for your constant love, support and prayers. I know God is watching us carefully. I know He is with us every step of the way. I know you don't know what to say. . . neither do we. Just know that we need all your support. We don't know this outcome, but we were never meant to. We will be gaining our strength from all your prayers and love. Please, please, stay in touch with us even if it is an email, phone call or message. YOU DO NOT NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO SAY!!!

Our love for our boy is deep and strong, he has guided all of us so far. We owe it to him to give it our all. This is the path that we have chosen. We will do nothing that disrupts his quality of life, but will give him everything he needs. Please know this is very difficult for us, but we are trying to stay realistic. We have a lot of decisions to make, but will be praying real hard. We will be giving it our all for Jimboy.

Remember his incredible spirit and pray for his strength. He has taught us all something important. He has affected and continues to affect how we live and think. He is an incredible inspiration to us all. Pray for him, God is listening. Live each day by the moment you are in. Love your family like no tomorrow. Be passionate about life. . .and teach your children the same. We love you all.

I will update you all with the next steps . . . until then keep smiling.

Someone said to me recently. . . "I guess it doesn't really matter how long you have been here. . . it is how much you have done while you were here." It is so true.

All our love and God Bless You All, Gina, Jim and Family

Gina - 914 438-3088 Jim - 914 403-1871 House - 914 277-8213

The Meeker Family is praying for you and your family. We have and will continue to. May God keep finding ways to shine through even if it is just a smile from time to time on the bravest of the brave, On the face of Jimmyboy. He know no other life but one filled with the power of the love he recieves every moment from all thoughs around him. As you sit there and watch him, Know that he knows, know that he smiles because of your love.

My prayers for you all.

John Meeker Jr.

I am sorry to hear that my prayers are with you jimmyboy and your family. Pull threw kid you got a lot of fun stuff still ahead of you in life fight what ever illness this brings to you kick its butt.

I know you don't know what to say. . . neither do we. Just know that we need all your support.

It's always difficult to relay sentiments when at a loss for words. Situations such as this do just that to myself and I am sure many others. I can't speak for all but I hope that everyone on this board is behind you and your family 100%. I know I am.

Everyone Thank You for your sentiments and wishes, keep them coming, he is having as much fun as we can pack into his day, on the way home yesterday we stopped at the Katonah Carnival, he had his picture taken with the Monster trucks and drivers, we took him out in an Engine and drove around town blowing the sirens etc. we let him do that of course, he went on the ferris wheel and some other rides he had such a huge grin on his face it was greatits priceless to be doing all this stuff with him we are and will be taking nothing for granted. Any one that wants to come by the door is open and the numbers are posted above. My wife and I are so proud of him and all of you, he has taught us all so much remember he is not just our son he is all of yours you have adopted him right from the start we have just been blessed to have him under my roof.

I know you don't know what to say. . . neither do we. Just know that we need all your support.

It's always difficult to relay sentiments when at a loss for words. Situations such as this do just that to myself and I am sure many others. I can't speak for all but I hope that everyone on this board is behind you and your family 100%. I know I am.

I, too don't know exactly what to say, except that you are all in my thoughts and prayers as well as those of my family. I know you're a tough kid, Jimboy. Hang in there and keep up the miracles!