Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trauma74

Wallkill testing new plan to dispatch ambulances

3 posts in this topic

I've heard rumors that the Wallkill supervisor wants mobile life back. I can see one agency dumping a bunch of trucks into Wallkill,taking all the calls,and then once the other two services are forced to close or leave the area cause it's not worth it, the first service can the cut down the number of trucks in the area, and you're right back to where you started. and no I'm not talking about one service in particular, it's just an observation. I think the supervisor is deluding himself a bit when he says it's the future of the county. There are still parts of the county where the bls is still a volunteer corps that goes to every call doesn't charge,so imagine a tax payers response if they get a for-profit agency who transports them and then dumps them with a bill, and then they're still paying the tax for the local ambulance corps. That's one of the reasons Florida FD just sit down their ambulance two months ago.

Shouldn't it already be this way? Isn't this common sense? If it isn't how about DOH's policy 12-06.

"The plan or agreement must also be designed to utilize the EMS agency having

the appropriate resources with the shortest response time to the scene of the call.

For the purposes of this section, response time is defined as time of dispatch to

time on scene. "

If someone in your family needs an ambulance wouldn't you want it that way?