Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Scott AV-3000 HT Mask Saves A Firefighters Face

2 posts in this topic

SEE PHOTO BELOW. The mask is the Scott AV-3000 HT which utilizes state-of-the-art lens material technology for enhanced thermal durability. It meets the requirements set forth in the 2013 edition of the NFPA 1981 standard for high heat and flame and radiant heat. The lens is much thicker then previous SCBA masks.

More on the mask: http://www.firerescue1.com/fire-products/fire-breathing-apparatus/press-releases/1437302-Scott-Safety-Announces-New-AV-3000-HT-Facepiece/

From The Dirty Firefighter Facebook page.

A good friend and mentor sent me this. It looks like it's been hit with birdshot, but it's actually from what was probably magnesium hit by a stream in a newer model SUV that was on fire. As I understand it this happened while the line was played over the middle passenger compartment area.

The point? We aren't wearing SCBA on vehicle fires solely for respiratory protection...imagine what this members face would look like had they not been wearing full PPE!

post-11-0-63104300-1446149404.jpg

This came across my Facebook feed earlier today. It is truly amazing how far our PPE has come over the years, and what it can protect us from. This instance is just another piece of evidence why it is EXTREMELY important for all of us to suit up properly. You never know when that PPE will save your life/limb/face.