x635

Fire Hose Legend Charlie Genthner Key Fire Hose Passes Away

4 posts in this topic

Charlie was a part of the AAA Family....an innovator and mentor in the fire hose industry.....and there's a good chance your department uses Key Fire Hose.

post-11-0-53724200-1451406671.jpg

Charles Samuel Genthner, fondly known as Charlie was born on March 1, 1946 in Fairhaven, MA. He graduated from U Mass at Dartmouth with a degree in Textile Engineering. He began his career at BF Goodrich in Akron, OH. After learning the trade and meeting his mentor, Joe Fishelson, his path led him to Imperial Fire Hose in Miami, FL in 1976. Charlie separated from Imperial and started Key Fire Hose in April of 1988. The business thrived and grew to become a National and International force over the next 22 years. Along the way, Charlie became renown in his field, winning major awards and becoming a vanguard in the technological advances in the hose industry. He became the mentor to many and "father" to the next generation in the hose industry. In 2006, KFH Industries came to Dothan to strengthen the company's business position and worldwide influence.

Charlie is survived by many loving family members, friends, and co-workers and often times the lines between them were blurred.

Charlie peacefully passed away on Friday, December 18, 2015 in Dothan, AL. He was surrounded by his friends and family. His jovial spirit, his big and generous heart live on in our hearts and in his beloved community.

Memorial Services will be held in Dothan, AL 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM at Ward-Wilson Funeral Home 2414 Hartford Highway with a reception immediately following at the Dothan Country Club from 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM. In Fairhaven, MA, memorial services will be held on Saturday, March 5 from 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM at the Unitarian Memorial Church, 102 Green Street.

Charlie said, "In lieu of flowers, send in a nice order." Otherwise, please consider a donation to the American Cancer Society. Or just be nice to one another when you might not feel like doing so....

Charlie was a terrific guy. He was a provider of outstanding customer service and his product was and is THE BEST. I dealt with Charlie throughout my fire service career as well as the years I spent in the fire equipment field. Rest in peace my friend.