dwcfireman

Haunted Fire Houses

2 posts in this topic

I know it's past Halloween now, but this article popped up on my Facebook feed:

http://www.firerescue1.com/history/articles/134758018-10-of-Americas-most-haunted-fire-stations/?NewsletterID=139022063&utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Exclusives1LeftTitle&utm_campaign=FR1Member&cub_id=usr_uxlWcZsGs9HGgKpG

I figured that it was worth sharing....I also figured it would be cool to share some of the more supernatural incidents that some of us may have encountered in our fire houses.  I will be more than glad (as an intrigued believer in the supernatural and "Ghostbusters" fan) to begin with a few haunted tales of my own.

My hometown fire house gives me a few tales.  The first come from a night that I was sleeping on the couch upstairs.  My car was in the shop, and it was just easy to walk to the fire house and sleep there.  Any way, I fell asleep with the TV on.  I woke up to the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs, and I noticed the TV was off.  I peer over the top of the couch, towards the door, and I see the figure of an ex-chief who had passed away years ago (natural causes).  I called out, "Jimmy?"  I heard him say, "Go back to sleep," and he just simply walked back down the stairs.  I did not go back to sleep.  I turned the TV back on, along with the lights, and stayed up the remainder of the night.

The second story from home was when I and two brothers were in the lobby on the first floor.  It was New Year's Eve.  At the stroke of midnight we heard clapping and hollering from upstairs ( in the same lounge that Jimmy scared the bajeebuz out of me!).  There were only three people in the fire house, and we were all in the lobby.

After moving to Westchester, the department that I had transferred to had/has some strange happening late at night.  The gentleman's name is Herman, and if you recognize the name, you know which fire house I'm talking about.  Well, late at night he roams around the fire house.  You can here his heavy feet going up the steel stairs to the attic in the apparatus bay, and you can here him walking up and down the halls.  It seems like he's just keeping an eye on the place, but it also seems like he's keeping an eye on you.  Sometimes it sounds like the footsteps are following you.

Where I am now, in a smaller and much older fire house, the strange things keep happening.  One night, while sleeping on the couch upstairs (yes, there is a theme), I was awoken by a serious thud to my chest.  It felt like someone had punched me dead center on the sternum.  I have no idea what happened.  I woke up in a cold sweat.  I didn't sleep for the rest of the night.  Another guy told me he saw a random person walking around the apparatus bay, just to disappear through a wall where a door used to be.

Alright, now that I've told you me scary experiences, I want to here yours!  What supernatural things have you experienced in your fire houses?

Billy likes this

I worked in Fire Patrol 2, 84 west 3rd st Manhattan it was said ;by the oldtimers it was haunted by a member who hung himself on the 4th floor,i spent 32 years there,never ran into him....but the wireservice picked up on it the rest was history....google it,it makes good reading....

Billy and dwcfireman like this