Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikerabbit

CME Websites

6 posts in this topic

I am looking for online schedules of hospitals or colleges that offer CME credits.

Thanks

Mike

What are the CME credit requirements for EMTs?

Check out the Westchester County DES site (www.westchestergov.com/emergserv).

It also links to the WREMSCO site from there, should help you out.

I have found that the Westchester DES Site is out of date and does not have the full compliement of CME Classes / Courses offered in the region.

A 2 hour CME is held at Hudson Valley Hospital on the third tuesday of the month consisting of 1 hour call audit and 1 hour CME. Additional information can be had by calling 734-3787 and leaving a message. There is a 2 hour CME every month as well on either the second or fourth Wednesday (I forget which).

Phelps Hospital has a 2 hour call audit (half BLS/half ALS) on the third Wednesday of each month. They also have an extensive CME video series available along with many other courses offered. Call 366-ELSP for more information.

Northern Westchester Hospital does a Call Audit in association with WEMS on the third Thursday of each month at WEMS HQ. Call 244-0440 for information.

I have no idea what kind of CMEs an EMT needs in a year, but they used to need at least 2 Call Audits to maintain thier "D" certification back in the day. :D