Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ems-buff

How old is the emtbravo web site

6 posts in this topic

Just out of curiousty how old is the emtbravo website and how did it get started anyways :-k :-k What was the motovation #-o #-o #-o #-o

The web site is approximately two years old. It started when Mr. Bravo (who had way too much time on his hands), had nothing better to do than play with fire trucks and computers, so he merged the two. Now it has become the cult as it is known today.

Here is the original intent for the network as stated by my Mr. Bravo himself:

Welcome to EMTBravo.com Network, an affiliate of EMTBravo.com  

Designed be an interactive replacment for Fire And EMS News, this new online community for Westchester County Fire And EMS Personnel,will allow registered members to communicate and interact respectfully with one another to share news,information, events, ideas, and more  

Please take time and read the posting guidelines, also contained in this forum. They are mandatory for use of this board.  

With all that in mind, after registering, take the time to read the FAQ's, which will explain board operations, and the feel free to start or participate in a discussion.  

We hope this board will be a great tool for you and that you will enjoy your visits here. Asalways, any questions,comments or suggestions, feel free to email me.  

-EMTBravo  

Site Administrator

so let me get this straight there were two site EMTBRAVONETWORK AND EMTBRAVO.COM

what was on emtbravo.com back then was it the same now

EMTBravo Network is the message board within the EMTBravo website.

X635 would probably know the story better then anyone (other than Mr. Bravo himself).

Copied from another thread on this issue....typed by me, just didn't feel like typing it again, lol.

Thanks for the interest.  

The main site, www.emtbravo.com started being built on 12/31/02, and went live 1/1/03. The idea for the site was based on x635's (my other personality's) desire to share all the Westchester County FD and EMS photos and news he recieved from his many sources. It also expanded on the popular Westchester email news list produced by x635. There was also no website of this type for Westchester County, NY. From there, due to all the support, ideas, encouragement and photographic contributions of everybody who visited the site, the site has "snowballed" into what it is today.  

An intergral and popular part of EMTBravo.com was the "Westchester Fire and EMS News" section. Visitors of the site would submit news, which would then be manually posted on a single page. This portion was not interactive, and was read only. It contained news such as new and upcoming deliveries, incident reports, personel changes, etc. Maybe I will post a archive clip if I have time. Interesting to note, this was the flagship portion of the original site, and still remains alive today as the brand that incident photos are posted under.  

On 11/13/03, the EMTBravo Network forums went live. On this date, the forum started from scratch with 0 posts and 0 members. The idea of this forum was to expand on the popularity of the Fire and EMS news section, and make a place where members of the Fire, Rescue, and EMS service could interact to share news,events, incidents, ideas, discussion and related in a friendly and positive format. As the forums have grown, the forum focus and membership has expanded from just Westchester to the lower Hudson Valley and NYC metro area. We also have regularly visiting members of this site from as far away in the US as Los Angeles, and even have several members from Austraillia, Germany, and the UK. And thanks to the ideas and suggestions of moderators and members of this site, it has been tweaked and expanded to better serve the visitors, and is continually tweaked and adjusted.  

Please note, it's all the members who make this site what it is, not me. I just coordinate everything. And IT IS NOT MY SITE, IT IS YOURS....OURS!!!  

As for the site name, it grew out of my old email address which I used for the email list. I've had that email name for 12 years now,ever since I've had email. I've considered changing the name of the site several times to something more fitting. But I've been threatened not to by several members of this site. It seems the name has become a brand or something.  

There is a bit more to the history than above, that's just a short glimpse. When I have more time, maybe I will make a permanent thread regarding it. I never have in the past because I always enjoyed telling the story personally.  

Although I have wanted to stop doing this several times, it's all the positive feedback I recieve from the members of this site, the great emails that people send, along with seeing the results of a site like this and its benefits, that keeps me going. Hours upon hours go into this site every week, and that includes EVERYBODY who send in pictures, posts, and/or moderates. I enjoy doing these sites as long as I know that you guys are enjoying the site and it remains for the most part a positive place.  

As for the future, as time allows, I have many more ideas.  

Feel free to ask any more specific questions that I may not have answered regarding the history of this site, and I'd be more than happy to answer them.

As for the site name, it grew out of my old email address which I used for the email list. I've had that email name for 12 years now,ever since I've had email. I've considered changing the name of the site several times to something more fitting. But I've been threatened not to by several members of this site. It seems the name has become a brand or something

THREE WORDS EMTBRAVO

TM-TRADE MARK COPYRIGHTS GET MONEY FOR IT LOL