Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GFD70

White Plains Unit Locations

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a list of where all WPFD apparatus are stationed based on the 60 Control apparatus numbers. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.

Station #1 Engine #65

Station #2 Engine #66, Tower Ladder #6, Mini-Attack #32, Utlity #2, Squad #4, Reserve Ladder #33, Reserve Engines #68, #72, #73

Station #3 Engine #67, Reserve Engine #69

Station #4 Fire Prevention, numerouse cars

Station #5 Engine #210, Volunteer Division

Station #6 Engine #70, Ladder #32, Rescue #88, Car #2512, Reserve D.C.'s Car #2518

Station #7 Engine #71, Ladder #24

Lieut, Station 7 isnt that Ladder 34???

Also I was curious to know what are you using for your reserve fleet, I see where they are but was wondering what type of apparatus they are. Thanks

Check Fire Apparatus Journal May-June 2005 for a comprehensive look at the WPFD including a picture of Squad 4 (Shop Built combination of an Ex-WPFD Engine & Mahopac Falls old Rescue 19-6-1)

Yeah Ed I have seen all of that. What I was wondering was like are all of there spare engines International Chassis, and which ladders they kept as spare..

But thanks I know I can always count on you

Sorry that was a typo. Ladder #34 is in station #7 (not #24) the reserve apparatus is put into service when a line rig is in the shop for repairs. These rigs are fully equipped and ready to go. They are also used during a fire or other emergency, off duty members are called back and they put the reserve rigs in service so we can release mutual aide as quickly as possible. Most of the rigs are on Ford L8000 or L9000 chasis with the new rigs being mounted on Freightliner FL80 or M2 chassis. This is done for ease of service as all white plains fleet vehichles are service in the same shop.