Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nyemt131411

Ossining's new firehouse

13 posts in this topic

has anybody got pix of the new house for Rescue 14 and Ladder 41? It's been going forever, I think. I can't wait to see. Any OFD pix in general would be cool! I have a few old ones I'm trying to scan in for this site, but my compter isn't cooperating!

I cant believe its taken over 2 years so far! It should be pretty cool when its done though.L41 definitely needed a new home. R14 was good for one rig, but housing a secong got real tight.

I cant believe its taken over 2 years so far!  It should be pretty cool when its done though.L41 definitely needed a new home.  R14 was good for one rig, but housing a secong got real tight.

Any idea when it will be done?

I believe construction has been completed. The station is behind police headquarters it is a nice facility it was something that dept needed because ladder 41 quarters is too small for their current ladder truck. It should be in the top ten of best looking firehouses in westchester. I rate this firehouse as the second best looking fire station.

I'm trying to find some pictures of the finished house, maybe even the rigs. It's been a while since I've been there. . . . .There were some construction pix, but they weren't quite done.

www.ossiningfire.com may have some info or pics of what you are looking for. I am told the house is up and operational now - I swear I heard that somewhere, I will probably be down that way in the next couple of days, I'll take a look.

Ossining Fire Headquarters at 21 State St. has the Dispatch center up and running!

Finishing work is being done and new desks , chairs ect... were delivered the other day.

next couple of weeks things will be moving ever faster. Parking lot will be done.more to follow

www.ossiningfire.com may have some info or pics of what you are looking for.  I am told the house is up and operational now - I swear I heard that somewhere, I will probably be down that way in the next couple of days, I'll take a look.

That would be awesome - I'd look myself, but since I'm in Vegas. . . . . . I checked Ossining Fire.com, but the only pic they have is a small one of the demo of the old house (kinda depressing - I spent a childhood there - my Dad was a lifer on 14). L-41 's site has some pix, but nothing really past carpet and paint, and 14's site doesn't even mention it. I'm looking forward to seeing it all operational. In any event, thank you for your help in advance - I appreciate

Jimmy Hoyt

Rescue 14

Home of the Keystone Cops

I drove past it the other day and man it's a sharp looking building. I've never been through Ossining before, nice little town.

Question, is it just 41's and the rescue going there or is Steamer also?

I was a little supprised when I was driving around too that Steamers was "in the back" Senate's. Now is that all the same building or two separate ones and if Steamer doesn;t go to the new house, would the take over were Senate was? I hate to see a nice building like that being vacated.

Just courious

Yes it is the same building. Senate's apparatus room is the back of Steamer's meeting room. Steamer Co. (not the Village) owns the Main St./Central Ave. building. The Village is in the planning stages of building a new firehouse for Steamer in the Hawkes Ave. area near Rt.9A.

Latest news from the Chief, ribbon cutting and Co's. will be moving in 1/1/06.

Latest news from the Chief, ribbon cutting and Co's. will be moving in 1/1/06.

Awseome news! Looking forward to seeing it!

Thanks for the info!

Jimmy