Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

new tillers

14 posts in this topic

New Seagrave TDA's have been delivered to the dealer.....I believe they are for L147, & L175...to replace their 1994 TDA's. Lets hope we have better luck with these rigs than the Towers.

Sq288,

what was wrong with the towers, and which ones?

and what do they do with the old tiller rigs?

Most of the new ones.......they are having problems with the frames cracking.......85 Truck was one in particular that was put OOS for good...I think it was sent back to Seagrave.

The old tillers go into the spare pool......

85 Truck's old tower is assigned to the rock. L34, L147 and L175 are getting the new tillers.

L34?? isn't their rig a 2000???

290,103 I was under the impression that 85 cannot be used Front Line....at least that was what a LCC from 85 truck was tellin me......do you know anything about a supposed E0ne tower demo in the city 290103? I think someone seen the rig on city island...53 truck, the spartan.

My question is why do those people from that podunk little town get to play with the FDNY Tillers, and I don't? Man, what I would give to be able to shoot one of those.

I don't get that either 635...... :roll: If anything tehy should make the rounds to Westchester Firehouses(shameless plug)....... :D

53 truck was donated to the city of ny from a state down south and was first sent to ladder 105 , but it was too big and didnt fit in there house , so they took city islands seagrave and sent it to manhatten , ladder 45 and city island got ladders 105 donated truck which is now ladder 53 , got it ??

the Spartan/Aerialscope was a donation/purchase. It was at 105 truck until they got their new rig. It was then sent to CTS.......when 45 truck needed a new rig, they were given 53's 2000 Seagrave, the Spartan/Aerialscope was then given to 53 Truck.

Ironically the boom from the rig, is originally a 1973 Baker from the FDNY. I believe the company down south that had it was somewhere in South Carolina???

I know NYFD keeps a tiller for ladder 39 because the streets of Woodlawn are too narrow. Aregular tower ladder would take out parked cars.

Clarendon County had the TL before it was refurbished. Also, correction, there are only 2 tillers on the order. they're for L175 and L147.