Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve

Playland Pool

7 posts in this topic

Is the pool at Playland open to the general public or just residence of Rye? Which pool would you recommend, FDR Park or Playland. Anybody have any thoughts about this. Thanks.

Playland Pool is open to the Public (There's an entrance fee and parking costs a couple of bucks.)

In the 24 years I've lived in Rye I have been there exactly once (that I remember), so I can't speak to its quality.

Steve,

they r both crowded public pools that really put the p in pool.

They may be crowded and really put the "P" in "Pool," but considering that FDR park has a large riot in its parking lot almost at a weekly rate, Playland Pool might be the better choice.

Playland is run by the county parks department, Its generally croweded. If you want to go to a nice county run facility, I would say that Saxon Woods is the best bet. Just my $.02

Although I haven't been there in about 30 years, I know that Wilson Woods pool (just off the Hutch in Mt. Vernon) just reopened after a huge renovation including putting in a wave pool. I can't speak to how good it is but might be worth a look. You need a Westchester Cty. Parks pass to get in.

Although I haven't been there in about 30 years, I know that Wilson Woods pool (just off the Hutch in Mt. Vernon) just reopened after a huge renovation including putting in a wave pool. I can't speak to how good it is but might be worth a look. You need a Westchester Cty. Parks pass to get in.

Wilson Woods wave pool is really nice, but the patrons of that facility ruin it. Took a whole year to make it beautiful again, its taking weeks to break it back down