Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

George Pfaffenberger -- Pelham Manor Vol.Fire Co.

3 posts in this topic

It is with deep regret that I communicate to you the death of long time Pelham Manor Volunteer Fire Co. member George Pfaffenberger last Friday morning. He had joined the department in 1961 and was still an active member.

Visitation will take place on Monday and Tuesday, July 25 & 26 at the F. Ruggiero Funeral Home in Yonkers NY (see below for directions).

Hours are 2-4 PM and 7-9 PM

The funeral mass will be celebrated on Wednesday July 27 at 10:00 AM at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church in Pelham Manor, with interment to follow at Ferncliff Cemetery in Hartsdale NY.

Directions to F. Ruggiero Funeral Home (914-375-1400)

From Points South -

Whitestone Bridge and Hutchinson River Parkway North: Follow Hutchinson River Parkway north to exit 13 (Cross County Parkway). Take Cross County Parkway to exit 4 S (I-87 and Central Avenue south). Remain on service road to second traffic light (Yonkers Avenue). Turn right on to Yonkers Avenue for 11/2 blocks. Funeral home is on left at 732 Yonkers Avenue. There is a small parking lot adjacent the building (on left). There is another larger lot across from the funeral home (on your right).

George was a great man who served his country in World War II, as well as serving the residents of Pelham Manor for over 40 years as a volunteer firefighter. He will be sorely missed.

George was a great man. i can many anight staying late after a drill or meeting to throw a few back and hear stories about WWII and just fire stuff. we will all miss him greatly