Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x648eng119

Yet Another Good Reason to Wear your Scott Pack

5 posts in this topic

From Firehouse.com

Marijuana Plantation Found by Firefighters in New Mexico

ASSOCIATED PRESS

MADRID, N.M. (AP) -- Firefighters battling a lightning-sparked blaze near Madrid stumbled on a marijuana plantation, the Santa Fe County Sheriff's Department said.

Deputies responded to the initial call from firefighters late Saturday and returned to the area the following day with a search warrant.

They found about 500 marijuana plants scattered among pinon trees on private land off N.M. 14.

Deputies are trying to find out if the landowners or others were responsible for the plants, which were hooked up to a sophisticated drip irrigation system fed by large water tanks.

''We are nearing the time of the year when these types of marijuana fields are peaking in growth and ready to be harvested,'' Sheriff Greg Solano said Monday.

Members of the sheriff's department, a regional drug task force and the National Guard spent up to 17 hours removing the plants and the irrigation system.

Solano said his office is beginning a ''weed and seed'' operation in which authorities will use National Guard helicopters and other techniques to find marijuana fields.

From Firehouse.com

Hmmm....Hey Art, do you think if these guys caught second hand pot smoke & failed their piss tests they'd be fired lol?

Didn't something similar happen in Croton quite a few years back?

Hmmm....Hey Art, do you think if these guys caught second hand pot smoke & failed their piss tests they'd be fired lol?

Didn't something similar happen in Croton quite a few years back?

Yorktown in the mid-90's had a fire on Echo Hill Path off of Underhill with a similar type of condition. I remember it well, a truck load of candy and chips had to be brought into the scene.....ONLY KIDDING!!!! It was a funny job, seeing the YPD keeping a close eye on all of us doing overhaul. By the way, I lost a sneaker at this fire, anyone ever find it???

Yorktown in the mid-90's had a fire on Echo Hill Path off of Underhill with a similar type of condition.  I remember it well, a truck load of candy and chips had to be brought into the scene.....ONLY KIDDING!!!!  It was a funny job, seeing the YPD keeping a close eye on all of us doing overhaul.  By the way, I lost a sneaker at this fire, anyone ever find it???

Someone probably either ate it or smoked it.... :unsure: I remember hearing about that fire too.

I think it also happened in Vista a few years ago. They were growing in the basement and a grow light was knocked over resulting in a working fire in the house.