Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

An Impractical Ambulance?

8 posts in this topic

Is that Bedford's R44 or a Boar's Head meat truck?! :roll:

Nothing wrong with it if its a combo dept. that also assigns its personnel on 1st and subsequent additional alarms for fire. They can carry their additionall equipment. I raise you one up on that. How about a 1st class pumper with transport capability. E-One made them, Widewater Virginina ran one as a back up if needed and was designed for urban type areas where ambulance requests may be backlogged. I had difficulty importing them on here but I will send an interior picture of one that I have as well as a Japanese fire truck/ambulance combo to x635 and have him do it for me.

Seems just a bit overdone. Very nice design, but definitely does not seem feasible.

I am SO glad on of the departments I work with regularly is moving away from the heavy rescue ambulance platform. They were just horrible. The ride in the back made starting an IV feel like you were working a seizure patient. I actually like a small ambulance, like van or minimod. Everything you need is within reach. No walking10 feet to get your oxygen main turned on.

The transport pumper, interesting concept. Seagrave also produces one, which seems well thought out.

One reason I just thought of why I do not like this concept is that how are you supposed to talk with your driver? (I.E. Slow Down Mario Andretti!!!, Can you make note, etc) A lot of times when your busy back there, you dont have time or hands to use an intercom, and a headset is a PIA.

As for the transport engine concept, I dont like it, how are you supposed to "load and go" if your fire or rescue equipment is commited. I also wonder how good the ride is, and how close to the ER bays can you get?

Can I rent that just for a day?

It would be worth it just to see the look on people's faces as you back into the ER bay! haha

Any ambulance with a Federal Q has my vote.