Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RWC130

Saw Mill Pkwy 7-31-05

7 posts in this topic

I was N/B on the Saw Mill Parkway about 2:55 pm on Sunday August 31, 2005

I was passed by approx. 6-7 WCPD cars lights & siren and they were cruzin'.

They ended up by Chappaqua area in what looked like some kinda Traffic Stop?

Felony? Numerous WCPD cars.

I hope everyone is OK.

I heard them say they had one under and were requesting K-9 for serach of the vehicle.

I heard them say they had one under and were requesting K-9 for serach of the vehicle.

What freq. are they on?

From The Journal News

New Castle — Police yesterday arrested a man who fled on foot after being pulled over on suspicion of speeding on the Saw Mill River Parkway

By THE JOURNAL NEWS

(Original publication: August 1, 2005)

NEW CASTLE — Police yesterday arrested a man who fled on foot after being pulled over on suspicion of speeding on the Saw Mill River Parkway.

Westchester County police Detective Robert Giordano caught the driver after about 10 officers chased him through a weeded area and into the river, Lt. Henry Cetina said.

Giordano stopped a northbound 1993 Mitsubishi about 2:40 p.m. just south of Route 120 in New Castle. The driver gave the officer a false name, then ran away when Giordano tried to question him , Cetina said.

The man, who later identified himself as a 21-year-old Danbury, Conn., resident, was charged with four misdemeanors and speeding, an infraction.

He was arraigned yesterday in New Castle Town Court and sent to the Westchester County jail on $5,000 bail.

Police last night were still trying to confirm the man's identity and continued to search for evidence that may have been discarded as he fled, Cetina said.

Edited by TCD0415

what a dumbass!! :huh:

Yea I was lisening to the whole search on the scanner, i didn't hear anything too out of the ordinary (i.e. drugs, weapons) besides they were chasing him