Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

Moved the old "New Post" Indicators Over

8 posts in this topic

Based on feedback from members, initiated by Pudge3311, I moved the new post indicator icons over from the old board to here. Should look familiar, and should be easier to differentiate new posts. Let me know if it looks OK to you, and if it is working properly.

Please keep the feedback coming so I know what you guys want/need and so I can customize the board to suit our membership. Thanks!

THANK YOU MR. BRAVO!!!!!!!!

Now I am able to figure out what I've already read and whats new!!!!!

Ahhh, finally something familiar, I think Im beginning to come around, not completely sold, but getting there.

Thank you Mr. Bravo.

For some reason, whenever i sign on, it tells me that the posts that i hadn't read yet when the board was switched, are still unread. No matter how many times i read them, or click "mark all topics read" Any ideas why?

For some reason, whenever i sign on, it tells me that the posts that i hadn't read yet when the board was switched, are still unread. No matter how many times i read them, or click "mark all topics read"  Any ideas why?

Operator error?

For some reason, whenever i sign on, it tells me that the posts that i hadn't read yet when the board was switched, are still unread. No matter how many times i read them, or click "mark all topics read"  Any ideas why?

Click "Delete Cookie Set By This Board" and "Mark This Board As Read". Also, may be the cookies that are stuck in your browser from the old board, so purge those cookies as well.

Mr. Bravo, I realize that the 'Mark this board as Read' option is there however i liked the old 'Mark All topics as Read' option we had on the other board. It allowed users to more easily determine what topics had new posts the next time they went to that board. By only 'marking the board as read', all the topics that you have not specifically clicked on and read appear as new the next time you sign on. Would it be possible to either replace the "Mark this board as read" option or add the "Mark all topics as read" option? I am sure there are +/- to each, i was just wondering what you thought.

Mr. Bravo,  I realize that the 'Mark this board as Read' option is there however i liked the old 'Mark All topics as Read' option we had on the other board.  It allowed users to more easily determine what topics had new posts the next time they went to that board. By only 'marking the board as read', all the topics that you have not specifically clicked on and read appear as new the next time you sign on.  Would it be possible to either replace the "Mark this board as read" option or add the "Mark all topics as read" option?  I am sure there are +/- to each, i was just wondering what you thought.

"Mark this board as read" and "Mark all topics as read" are the same features, I believe. When I click it, it marks all topics as read.

What you need to do is remove the cookies from the old board (emtbravo.just5buckshosting.com) , and this new board.

Read this topic for further details:

http://emtbravo.invisionzone.com/index.php...p&CODE=01&HID=2