Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Remember585

Saw an ad in the Pennysaver...

11 posts in this topic

Saw an ad in the Pennysaver this week for a Communications Supervisor for a hospital based EMS system that handles fire and EMS dispatch.

Is this WEMS??

Can this be done on a part-time basis?

Can I be paid 6 figures?

Can I make Skooter my Whacker-Liasion?

Can I have a secretary named "Cinnamon or Diamond?"

These are the important questions I have. Thanks for any input.

we will give you skooter as a secretary and cover him with cinnamon, and yes you can have six figures as you sit at your desk you can go from tiny to small to medium to large to very alrge to what the hell have you eaten since you been here. and as far as part time goes no you live here for now on. hope this is helpful please be here by noon today thank you the management.

Edited by calhobs

Don't think you could get your head into an office!

John, sounds like WEMS to me lol! I could be wrong, but it sounds like Somers FD/EMS. May be a good position for you bro, you have the experience lol!

I'm still waiting to hear back from them about applying for dispatcher.

I'm still waiting to hear back from them about applying for dispatcher.

Give it some time. The head cheese is on his way to Arizona for a few weeks. :P

Remember585:

To answer (some of) your questions if you were at all interested:

Yes it's WEMS (we're the only hospital based service in Westchester) and no it's not a part time deal.

Remember585:

To answer (some of) your questions if you were at all interested:

Yes it's WEMS (we're the only hospital based service in Westchester) and no it's not a part time deal.

Thats gonna be a tough gig. Almost all of the dispatchers there think they are the HNIC. It wasnt a good situation a year ago....possibly it's different now??

1) If I'm gonna be yer secretary, 585, YOU'RE wearing the kneepads, biyatch.

2) That comment about all the dispatchers....when I sit behind the desk, I am THE MAN.

3) Seriously, I just occupy the seat. Skubasam is THE MAN. Really. He IS. He's too damn sexy. Yup.

4) Commo superdupervisor at WEMS.....hmmmmm....can I have my testocles pulled off with a pair of rusty pliers NOW?!!

Thats gonna be a tough gig.  Almost all of the dispatchers there think they are the HNIC.    It wasnt a good situation a year ago....possibly it's different now??

Take a look in the communications forum, under Making Life Easier. It's very simple though. If the dispatcher tells you to go, you go. You don't agree with it, fine. You wait till you get done with the incident to voice your concerns. If the dispatcher is being a d&*% on the radio, you wait, then go speak to the boss later. Tune ups, if warranted, will be handed out. You guys deal with the BS on the street, we deal with it on our end. There isn't really time for infighting or any of that. LET'S GET THE JOB DONE!!!!

I can sum it up for you in one sentence, taught to me by a grizzled old veteran, now one of my bosses. Unless you get flagged down or someone comes knocking on your door, you don't go anywhere unless we tell you to.