Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tbendick

9/11 Info released

33 posts in this topic

Well it has happened all the FDNY information releated to 9/11 is now public. You can pretty much get it from any news website.

Anybody know of a web site where they have the audio of these tapes downloaded?

whats 40-adam and 40-charlie. im thinking 40-adam is a nypd rep truck but im not sure

it's never nice it hear it all over agian but we must ALWAYS REMEMBER AND NEVER FORGET 9-11

Car 4 Adam - Assistant Chief of Operations

Car 4 Charlie - Deputy Chief of Operations

There is no 40 Adam or Charlie in the FDNY, i'd say it would be NYPD.

Car 4 Adam - Assistant Chief of Operations

Car 4 Charlie - Deputy Chief of Operations

There is no 40 Adam or Charlie in the FDNY, i'd say it would be NYPD.

FDNY Unit 40Adam could be from EMS.

But you have to look at context it's used in. If it's on the Manhattan freq, then it's 4A and 4C. Not sure how the Marshalls are numbered but that have some units that sound like pd numbers.

At the time 40 Adam was Chief Downey. I don't remember who 40 Charlie was. Possibly Chief of Haz Mat operations, memory is kinda fuzzy. These car numbers were all changed in the months following the 11th.

Just a little info. I was a dispatcher in Manhattan that morning. I took calls from people inside those towers. I have mixed emotions about these tapes being released. I am glad the 911 calls to FDNY were not released. That's something nobody needs to hear. I don't talk about it much, I do mention that I was working that day, and usually that's it. If pressed, I relate a story of one particular phone call that even shook me, and that usually shuts the person right up.

There are some positives and negatives to this particular situation. The positives to it, IMHO are that there are lessons to be learned from this. Not only by FDNY, but by agencies worldwide.

The negatives, are fairly obvious. Reopening old wounds, more ammunition for the families who want to point blame for the loss of their loved ones, etc.

WOW JBE i had know idea you were the dispatcher when me and my freinds were listen to the 9-11 fire tapes we all said to eachother i whould hate to be that guy dispatching that day. how did you do it i mean how can you stay so clam while you were in hell. koodos to you my man your are the best of the best.

I was on the radio for maybe two transmissions. The rest of the time I took phone calls from the towers. If fate had been a little different, I probably would have been on the radio for a good chunk of it. There's more to it than just the guy or girl on the radio. Just a historical note, if anyone had seen the French brothers video, I was the one who took the call for that gas leak at Church and Lispenard Streets a little while before the first plane hit. There were a number of people on the radio that morning. You probably won't hear my voice on more than two transmissions. If they had released the phone calls, you would have heard me.

do you know were i can get the DVD of that? and how much is it

Edited by ems-buff

i don't even know the name of the video do you ?

do you know were i can get the DVD of that? and how much is it

I have looked for that video and so have a couple of my buddies from my FD and we can't find it anywhere. If you do happen to find it let me know I would like a copy.

Edited by SHFD781

I would be interested to hear audio tapes of 60 control on both 46.26 and 33.96 on that morning.

Anybody formally requesting these tapes is legally entitled to them per the court ruling in accordance with the Freedom of Information Law. You are legally entitled to all of it. Period.

Do a Google search under "New York State Committe on Open Government" and you can download the Freedom of Information Request letter. Then call the FDNY and ask who their Public Records Access Officer is so you cna mail your request. They can legally charge you 25 cents per page, don't know about charges for the CD of the tapes. But, I would guess this stuff will be on Ebay sooner or later.

Maybe some public libraries will have the CD ????

I am not looking for FDNY. I have heard some of the recordings from that day. i was interesting in Westchester County 60 control. Many departments if not all from Westchester responded that day in some sort of way. If not to the WTC then to other parts of the city.

why would you want to listen to that though?

Google "New York State Committee on Open Government" for the form letter needed to make your request and then send it to the FDNY Commissioner's office.

Note that under this law, it's illegal for them to even ask why you want the documents. I am guessing that the tapes are already on the net somewhere and will soon be for sale on Ebay. A public librbary might even purchase the CD for either reference or circulation purposes.

Not be sound out of line or anything, but it's been 4 years; what purpose would listening to any of these tapes serve? I can maybe see its relevance in the months after, but come on, it's been 4 years. All it's going to do is open old wounds.

He wants to listen to Westchester County on that day..I would also like to here westchester county on that day and the towns that were called.

jklam thank you. Listening to the county for the respose of who was called and because I am curious what it was like that day on the radio here in westchester. If i was home in NYS at the time I would have been home or at the firehouse and listening to the scanner or radios and eveything else. I was in college at this point and had only been in my dept for a year. i don't believe listening to 60 will be hard or open old wounds. I know the stories of my dept response that morning and how they got the ball rolling just surious to listen to it.

4 years ago and seems just like yesterday.

I think there is some relevance to it, even if my own personal opinion is I'm glad certain portions of the tapes were not released. There are people who lost loved ones who want to know where they were in the buildings. What they were doing. There are others who want accountability.

Not a day goes by that I don't think about that day, and I am reminded of it every time I go to work. Seeing the faces of those lost, or remembering conversations I had with lost friends. Nightmares, you name it. Some may call it satisfaction of morbid curiosity, I don't necessarily see it that way, as much as people want some sort of closure. To hear what their loved ones were doing or where they were in their final moments. Especially if they had no body to bring home. I see it as a reminder of that day, especially to those who may have forgotten what has happened. People become complacent and tend to want to move on, especially if they haven't lost a loved one or friend. I personally don't have an interest in hearing this stuff because I lived it. I don't need the nightmares. I believe there is a list out there of what Westchester County apparatus went mutual aid, either to relocate or to the scene.

The frech bros video is call "9/11" and it is out there i have it. Ladder 8 Lt was on the gas leak job right JBE?

You are right if I remember correctly. Church and Lispenard is a second due box for 8 truck.