Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest NYTruckie

Pray for the entire family

27 posts in this topic

Tonight please pray for the enite arena family

Thoughts and prayers go out to Jimmy, and his entire family.....

This is not the email I ever wanted to write.

Our Jimboy had an MRI today. The tumor is out of control. He is home. We will be stopping all treatment.

Dear Family and Friends - please, please, please know how much we love you.

I will stress OUR DOOR IS OPEN. Please come and visit. We have never been alone since this began and you ALL are our family. Thank you, thank you. We love you.

No parent should ever have to go through this, ever. The pain is intense and I could never describe it. He has taught me everything I know in my life that is important.

All my love and God Bless You, Gina and Family

My heart and prayers go out to the entire Arena family. You are all very special to "us" and we are all here for whatever you need.

My Prayers are with you and your family MR. arena my God have mercy on your home we all pray for your son

Edited by ems-buff

There are no words for me to describe to you the complete despair I feel. I want so much to change everything that is happening. How do we do this?

We have lived the ups and downs for the past year and a half. The pain is so intense and incredible. It is like nothing I have ever felt before. I cannot breath at times. I cannot think at times. Sometimes I am on a 7 second delay, as I call it. Sometimes I need to leave. Sometimes I need to just hold him close and smell him for hours. Sometimes I just walk in circles around the house. Sometimes I know I am doing the right thing and we have tried everything. Sometimes I think there must be something else. It is back and forth, up and down and spinning out of control all at one time.

I just pray we are all learning something about life that is so important that some how, some way this makes some sort of sense. There has to be a lesson in all of this. I know there is somewhere.

Just when I stop crying and think there are no more tears, they come again. Thank you to everyone that continues to come by and help take our minds off this turmoil for a little while. I remind you all Jimboy does not just belong to our family, he belongs to this amazing community that has endured every step of this journey by his side and our side. Please, come and visit anytime.

I have repeated over and over how blessed we are, and that blessing continues every second of our life. We have seen something so incredibly beautiful happen to this community. I have also said many times on this journey, the words "Your Son Has A Brain Tumor" changed my life forever. . . I must also add . . . those words changed ALL OF OUR LIVES FOREVER. Just knowing our Jimboy has changed each and every life around us. WE ALL LOOK AT THE WORLD DIFFERENTLY, AND WE ALL MUST REMEMBER HOW BEAUTIFUL LIFE IS.

Our neighbor Steve made a video of Jimboy's Birthday. Please check it out at Jimmy's website, www.jimmboy.com. The song I have continually played since Jimmy's diagnosis. The words speak volumes about who all of you are and who OUR Jimboy is.

I love you all, kiss your kids, say I love you, and may God Bless You Each and Everyone, Gina and Family

More thoughts and prayers go out everyday! God bless you and your family!

There are no words for me to describe to you the complete despair I feel.
Just when I stop crying and think there are no more tears, they come again.

Jim,

The strength exhibited by yourself, Gina, and the rest of your family is, to me, beyond legendary. I can't READ your emails without shedding tears. I have no idea how you find the strength to write about it. I can't speak for everyone but I'm sure that the latest news has had a profound effect on a lot of us. When I first heard of Jimmy Boy I wondered what it was, beyond his diagnosis, that made him so special. After a year and a half I now know. I've seen the profound effect JimBoy has had on just about everyone who come to be in his presence.

The first time I met JimmyBoy was before he left for Loma Linda. We took him down to WMC after he had a seizure. Going to the hospital seemed so second nature to him that it didn't seem to bother his spirit one bit. Last time I saw him was a different story - he seemed to have no energy left. I think the little guy has more "fight" in him than all of us combined.

My thoughts now seem to be a war between hope and fear. Hope that by some miracle, a greater power decides to intervene, curing that which JimmyBoy has fought so hard to overcome. Fear, that no matter what we do, no matter how hard we try, fate seems intent on taking him away from us all.

Regardless of the outcome, to us all, he will forever by synonymous with hope.

Our thoughts and prayers from the Santucci family go out to the Arena's. Stay Strong. Best wishes.

Love to you, Jim and Gina, your kids, and to all of those who have supported you and JimmyBoy. I'm proud to know you, and sad for your heartbreak.

Unfortunately in this difficult time there are no right words to say, just lots of prayers from all of us to you and your family. Even those of us that don't know you personally but have followed Jimmy boy's heroic fight have learned so much. You & your family have taught us all so much about courage, hope, faith and love. Most of all you have been a constant reminder of how precious life is. I hope the strength that you give each other as well as all the support you have from those around you will help you through these trying times.

My family and I will keep you in our prays. God bless you and your family.

All of my prayers go out to Jimmy Boy and the entire Arena family. Best Wishes to all and Stay Strong.

More prayers and thought go out to ypu and your whole family

On behalf of Mohegan FD, our thoughts and prayers are with the entire Arena Family and especially Jimmy Boy!!!

Jimboy and the entire Arena family are in my thoughts and prayers. God bless you all.

My thoughts and prayers are with the entire Arena family. Throughout this difficult time you have shown others the meaning of hope and fortitude. May God bless you all.

Dear Family and Friends,

There are many things that happen in a lifetime, but who thought what we are going through would be one of them. Something so drastic and so painful. How does one ever say goodbye to a child? I know for me I will never say goodbye.

This past week has been complete hell for our family, decisions that no family would ever want to make for their child. But, as the week progressed I feel some form of comfort, and I can say it is because of the many, many people that have come by and shown their support and explained how they are feeling to us.

In speaking with a friends of ours, Ted and Marissa, on Friday night I realized the comfort of so many friends coming by. That night something strange and miraculous happened that I didn't even realize was happening. Ted told us how he was scared to come by the house because he wasn't sure what he would find. Would we be in complete despair and curled up on the couch? Crying uncontrollably? He explained, that to his surprise, we were okay. That we were still Jim and Gina and family. That even though we had to deal with the most devastating news that a parent could receive, we were strong and still surviving. He told Marissa that she needed to come over, and with a little prodding from Ted and Jim she came with their children not knowing what to expect. They both explained that there was this feeling that overcame both of them that they just wanted to be here. Ted explained how even while at work he kept thinking about how he just wanted to be at our home. That the love and calmness was so incredible that he just wanted to be here. Chris another friend voiced the same feelings he also had. I never really thought about how we were helping others, but they have made it clear.

Since then, I have been thinking a lot about this little angel that God gave me. I think about everything he has done for so many people. He has changed the way people think and feel. I am truly moved by his presence and love. He is a true spirit of God.

Thank you Ted, Marissa, and Chris for sharing your feelings with us. It helps our family understand so much more on a higher level. It somehow helps to make some sense out of this. That love really is the bottom line, that we will be okay, that people will always be here, that there is nothing more important than here, now and showing your love for one another.

So, to everyone we know and love. Please come over anytime. Our door is open. We feel your love always, but your support truly does enable our next step. I often wonder how I will make the next step. . . I do it with the help of God and all the miraculous people that surround us. I love you all for everything you give to us from your heart.

May God Bless You Each and Everyone, Love, Gina and family

Dear Family and Friends,

There are many things that happen in a lifetime, but who thought what we are going through would be one of them. Something so drastic and so painful. How does one ever say goodbye to a child? I know for me I will never say goodbye.

This past week has been complete hell for our family, decisions that no family would ever want to make for their child. But, as the week progressed I feel some form of comfort, and I can say it is because of the many, many people that have come by and shown their support and explained how they are feeling to us.

In speaking with a friends of ours, Ted and Marissa, on Friday night I realized the comfort of so many friends coming by. That night something strange and miraculous happened that I didn't even realize was happening. Ted told us how he was scared to come by the house because he wasn't sure what he would find. Would we be in complete despair and curled up on the couch? Crying uncontrollably? He explained, that to his surprise, we were okay. That we were still Jim and Gina and family. That even though we had to deal with the most devastating news that a parent could receive, we were strong and still surviving. He told Marissa that she needed to come over, and with a little prodding from Ted and Jim she came with their children not knowing what to expect. They both explained that there was this feeling that overcame both of them that they just wanted to be here. Ted explained how even while at work he kept thinking about how he just wanted to be at our home. That the love and calmness was so incredible that he just wanted to be here. Chris another friend voiced the same feelings he also had. I never really thought about how we were helping others, but they have made it clear.

Since then, I have been thinking a lot about this little angel that God gave me. I think about everything he has done for so many people. He has changed the way people think and feel. I am truly moved by his presence and love. He is a true spirit of God.

Thank you Ted, Marissa, and Chris for sharing your feelings with us. It helps our family understand so much more on a higher level. It somehow helps to make some sense out of this. That love really is the bottom line, that we will be okay, that people will always be here, that there is nothing more important than here, now and showing your love for one another.

So, to everyone we know and love. Please come over anytime. Our door is open. We feel your love always, but your support truly does enable our next step. I often wonder how I will make the next step. . . I do it with the help of God and all the miraculous people that surround us. I love you all for everything you give to us from your heart.

May God Bless You Each and Everyone, Love, Gina and family

I have never met Jimmy Boy, nor any of the Arena family, for that matter. But it seems like I know him so well. On a daily basis, when people, strangers even, ask me what the grey bracelet I wear is for, I get choked up. My heart goes out to the entire Arena Family, best wishes, and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dear Everyone,

All here is okay. We are praying very hard for a miracle for our boy. It has been wonderful to have so many people coming by and feeling comfortable to do so. Thank you to all of you that come by. You keep our minds much more occupied rather than sitting here and staring and waiting.

It has also been very busy the past two weeks. Jessi, our daughter with autism, was home two weeks ago and it was wonderful to see her. We had a nice week. It was the first time in 18 months that we were all under one roof together. I can't remember the last time we were all together.

Then, Casey, our oldest, was walking in the front gate and a flying bat hit her in the side of the head and got tangled in her hair. She has been going for rabies vaccinations for the past two weeks.

Every time I walk out the front door I find myself saying Anything. . . never mind.

Jimboy seems to be holding his own and those of you that have come to see him agree that he is looking good. He is very comfortable and that I am grateful for. It is so hard to look at pictures of him when he was running and laughing. It is so hard to believe that 18 months ago he was this vibrant little boy jumping and playing. He is still vibrant in a different way. Every one tells me there is this serene, calm aura that surrounds him that is full of love. I feel it always, but when others tell me I realize how incredibly special he truly is. Many come and call him "an angel on earth." He just has that incredible presence around him.

I tried to go out on Sunday to a party, but was finding it very difficult. I went for a while and came back and forth to the house. I just cannot be away for more than an hour or two. On Monday morning I woke and I realized that I cannot go out for long lengths of time. It is much easier when people come here. I felt so incredibly guilty for leaving him. How could I go out? How could I leave him at this time in his life? So the answer is there is no right or wrong here. If I can't leave for too long I will compromise and go out for short trips here and there. When I am gone too long I am just not myself and I just feel like breaking down.

I am so scared something will happen to him when I am gone. I beat myself up over this routinely because I love him so incredibly much. He needs me to be with him. I have always been there for him and just wish I could protect him through this. I just wish I could be the one taking all the pain and horror of this. Why him?

I pray for the answers always, and I realize quickly that this is God's plan, which I have the right to disagree with, but will continue to trust that He will carry me and all of us through this. I know He is with Jimboy every second, and that is probably the incredible love we all feel. I know that Jimboy was sent here to do a job, a bigger job than we all anticipated. And I can attest to the fact, that our boy has done one heck of a job. He has changed so many lives just by being. He has shown us all where we should be focusing.

I often think about the many words that people have given Jimboy, courageous, brave, inspirational, loving, beautiful and angelic, plus many more. I think of these words and know how incredibly special one little boy has been. But, I also think of everyone that surrounds us. His doctors (all of them) are so much of these very same words. They took his life in their hands to help make him better and did it with such compassion and love. Not only did they help him they held us together to get through this. It takes courage to tell a parent horrible news about their child, and to have to be the ones to tell the parent all options have been exhausted. It takes bravery to face the most impossible-seeming circumstances and try to make it better, while a mother and father stand by waiting for that very person to tell them any ounce of news. It is an inspiration to watch them do their work proudly and unconditionally. They have inspired me personally to go into the medical profession and hopefully, make a difference. It is loving when they feel your pain as you feel it and so desperately don't want you to feel it. It is beautiful to know, that no matter what happens they are human and they tried their best and gave it their all. Angelic, very easy word for doctors, they were chosen to make a difference in the lives of others, they have been given the gift to take away the pain and hurt, which always does not go in that direction, but they have also been given the compassion they need to deliver the unimaginable. Our doctors are human too, and we are so glad they are a part of our life, as medical professionals and as friends. Thank you to all our doctors for being our net to catch us when we were falling, this includes all our primary doctors and all our resident doctors, thank you all of you.

Now nurses, incredible, incredible people. I am in awe of nurses too. Courageous and Brave. . . they are really their to pick up those pieces. How incredible our nurses have been. Always right there for us whenever the news was grim. Our nurses guided us through the dark journey with a shoulder to cry on, if needed. Inspiring is an understatement. They just inspire me to be a better person and to strive to make a difference, as they do. A beautiful nurse is the nurse that does their job because they love it, and I have yet to find a nurse that is not beautiful. A loving nurse is true to her patients and advocates for them when the parent just has no more strength, which is something I have encountered time and time again. An angelic nurse, if you have seen the face of a nurse you have seen an angel. Thank you to all our nurses and assistant nurses. You made our days easier and I am so proud to know you all and even prouder to call you our friends.

So with my email getting longer and my tears streaming, I will give you all a break for now and write more about the incredible people in my life in further emails. I just wanted all our doctors and nurses to know how thankful we are to them. I don't often give them the recognition they so well deserve. . . I love you all. They have guided us through something that no one could possibly imagine, unless you have been there.

Thank you to all our dear friends and family that have helped us, keep praying and please know the Arena family loves you all dearly. Remember, "Just Imagine Making Miracles Yours." Miracles can always happen, and we have seen some incredible miracles in the past year and a half. Something I say everyday to myself (it is from a song) "where there is love I'll be there." I love you all.

May God Bless You Each and Every One Today and Always, Much Love, Gina and Family

Jimmy and the Arena family, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Jimmy, we're pullin for you in PortChester...as well as @ my job too. You and your family are a beacon of a strength that I will never posess. Be strong...

This is an update that is difficult for me. Our Jimboy is declining more and more everyday. I just want him to be comfortable. I realize that there are no words to say, and that this is a painful time for all of us.

If you feel the need to come see us, please come anytime. Our hearts and arms are open to you all.

Please continue to pray for our boy and family. I would like to say more. . . but I have no words at this time either. Just having your support and love around us is enough.

We love you all, keep praying and make sure you are living life for the moments given.

May God Bless You and Your Family Always, Gina and Family