Followers 0
Guest DFFD227

Yonkers - Working Fire - 2/28/04

6 posts in this topic

Date: 2/28/04

Time: 0045 hrs

Frequency: 46.50, 484.7125

Units: 303, 304, 306, 308, L-74, 71, R-1, B-1

Description: Confirmed Working Fire, first call was Reported Fire on the roof, also calls reporting dock to be on fire, Time line to follow...

Writer:DFFD227

0045 hrs- Dispatched to 1 Federal St (Sugar Factory on the Hudson River) for a possible 10-29 (Structure Fire). Caller stated fire on the roof of the Sugar Factory.

0050 hrs- Dispatcher advising all units responding that roads in that area are closed due to PD investigation, delayed responce.

0052 hrs- Dispatcher receiving further reports on a posssible dock fire at the same location, and debris floating in the hudson.

0057 hrs- Battalion 1 reporting 10-29, confirmed fire, Reporting a wooden shed on the dock to be on fire.

0103 hrs- Batallion 1 reporting 2 L/S/O, no Exposure problems, all co's working.

0112 hrs- Fire under Control, units are being released.

-Roads were closed due to a double stabbing and weapon recovery in the area of Park Hill Ave/Nodine Hill/School St.

-The fireboat is out of the water.

When does the Fireboat go in? Same time as the Police? May? and who mans the Fireboat (I already know who mans the PD boat :grandmar: ) LOL

This box at the Sugar House comes in every once in a while (I just had it a few weeks ago). a Huge wood 'shed' on the Hudson catches fire, due to a refining process. A couple duece and a halves usually takes care of it. More of a P-I-A$$ fire than anything.