New FDVA Engines

24 posts in this topic

The VA Hudson Valley FD has ordered (2) Ferrara Intruder IIS pumpers

6-man cabs with 10" raised roofs and extended front bumpers

1500 GPM Waterous single stage pumps

1000 Gallon Booster Tanks

5000 kW Generators and (2) 500 watt telescoping FRC lights

Front suction and front jump line, (2) crosslays

They will be white over red with the gold/white/gold FDNY stripping.

They will become the front line engines at the FDR-Montrose Campus and the Castle Point campus.

At this time, unknown if the current apparatus will remain as spares.

The Ferrara's are coming. With those two Ferrara's inWeschester we will have all three styles of there cabs in Westchester. P'ville with the Infernos and Mt Vernon will have the Ultra's.

Edited by Pville2371

They have 1 more- the Igniter

Congrats to Ed and the gang....i can see your doing great work for the VAFD already in a short time...making sure the boys and girl have top notch stuff....keep up the good work Chief.

Is there a time table on delivery...'06 im guessing

Congrats on the upgrades, I also heard they will be re-designating the M.A. as a Rescue? Any truth to this?

Their is a great possibility that the current MA-28 will be redesignated as Rescue 48. With the addition of the "LUKAS" set up onboard, the current equipment consisting of various Haz-Mat, Confine Space Rescue, Ropes & hardware "lots of it", and EMS equipment, Chief Byrnes and the FDVA is considering the redesignation.

Just to note: All Firefighters at the VAFD are certified as Haz-Mat Techs, Confined Space, and EMT, as well as their firefighter status..

Most definitely!!! red/white, with lettering similiar to MA-28 and HM-3.

Yes, White over Red with the "FDNY" stripes, like your "cuz" said.

They will have the Dept of Veterans Affairs FD Patch on the doors, with VA Hudson Valley above them. The Engine designations will be on the rear doors, lettered like the 2 Haz-Mat trucks.

As a side note- HM-3 will be re-lettered this week to conform with MY (oops- the FDVA's) image. HazMat 91-69 and Ambulance 91-71 will be following right behind.

Relettering the ambualnce too??

The new 91-71 has never been lettered!

The Ferrara's are coming.  With those two Ferrara's inWeschester we will have all three styles of there cabs in Westchester.  P'ville with the Infernos and Mt Vernon will have the Ultra's.

They look like Spartan chassis, either Gladiator or Advantage??

They look like Spartan chassis, either Gladiator or Advantage??

Advantage cabs, who knows when they'll start construction ??

Edited by CPFD91206

According to Ferrarafire.com production has started. Check out the link in my post #13 above.

Actually Unit 3173 is not the VA's rig at all, it's Magnolia Springs, Alabama's. Unit 3172 and 3173 will be almost identical.

The chasis are Ferrara's Intruder IIS model, but are built by Spartan for Ferrara.

Body construction should be starting soon, so they say!!

Hmmm checked the website Tuesday @12mid nothing, 9am Wednesday they were "on the line".

Lets hope for a "quicker" delivery date !!

Edited by CPFD91206

Both Units will be completed on Friday, May 19th!

heres good point wil they spell "verterans" right its misspelled ont the othe pieces of apparatus that they have.

just a note of observation---- a lot of men gave a lot time energy and blood for us.

Think ya need to go back up and re read your post there skippy :)

heres good point  wil they spell "verterans" right  its misspelled ont the othe pieces of apparatus that they have.

just a note of observation---- a lot of men gave a lot time energy and blood for us.

Hey Capt-

Maybe some spell check is needed on your computer too!! :lol:

Anyway, the seals for these pumpers were done locally and sent to them, they are spelled correctly! I guess E-One doesn't know how to spell VETERAN. The funnier part is that it took 8 years for someone to realize that it was spelled wrong!

Anyhow, It will get fixed. As a veteran of 2 wars, I know the sacrifices that are made!

Congrats to both FDR and Castle Point on your new Engines...Good job Ed!

Hey Capt-

Maybe some spell check is needed on your computer too!! :D

Anyway, the seals for these pumpers were done locally and sent to them, they are spelled correctly!  I guess E-One doesn't know how to spell VETERAN.  The funnier part is that it took 8 years for someone to realize that it was spelled wrong!

Anyhow, It will get fixed.  As a veteran of 2 wars, I know the sacrifices that are made!

Seems to me the people that inspected the lettering 8 years ago didn't know what they were looking for either.