Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest x2371

Lets Step it up and Help our Own

8 posts in this topic

Ferrara Fire Apparatus Accepts Role as Logistics Center for Firefighter Relief Supplies

At the request of the Louisiana State Firemen's Association and the Louisiana Fire Chief's Association, Ferrara Fire Apparatus, Inc. has agreed to function as a logistical resource center, collecting and distributing supplies, to be utilized by the firefighting personnel working in Louisiana activities related to Hurricane Katrina. With the massive undertaking of the rescue operation and care for the evacuees, emergency personnel are overloaded. Ferrara's ability to receive, house, and dispatch the large quantities of supplies needed, along with its centralized location makes it a logical choice to take on this monumental task.

Ferrara has received numerous calls from its customers and contacts in the fire service from across the country wanting to know what is needed and how they can help. In passing that information along, Ferrara was asked jointly by these two organizations if they could assist in coordinating this effort. "It is a great opportunity for us to do our part and help care for the firefighter's who are risking their lives to save others." stated Chris Ferrara, President/CEO.

Ferrara Fire Apparatus, Inc. would like anyone interested in donating the items listed below to email bertm@ferrarafire.com or fax to 225-567-7668.

The following items are needed immediately:

Cots, Pillows, Blankets, Towels, Socks, Underwear, Toothpaste, Tooth Brushes, Deodorant, Bottled Water, Air Mattresses, MRE's and non-perishable snacks, etc.

These items will be updated based upon firefighter's needs.

We are working diligently to develop additional command post communications thru the use of satellite cell phones with the fire departments in the affected areas so that we may deliver these supplies where they are most needed.

Should you be interested and are able to help please either transport or ship by Fed-Ex Freight any of the above listed supplies to the following address.

Ferrara Fire Apparatus, Inc.

27855 James Chapel Rd.

Holden, LA 70744-0249

Thank you from the Louisiana Fire Service

I agree, even if you can only donate something small like t shirts, or some blankets, do it, it will be greatly appreciated. From a personal stanpoint, after 9/11 it meant a lot to return to my stationhouse, and to be able to change into a dry T-shirt (bullet resistant vest hold in moisture) and get some clean socks. That and a warm meal from the Red Cross during a 15 hour tour kept you going. I can only imagine the despair of our brother firefighters and police officers down there, many of whom have lost everything, and in some cases loved ones. Think about it, they no longer have a home to go home to, and are still trying to help others. Lets do what ever we can to help them out.

We are working closely with Chris Ferrara and everyone at Ferrara to help them with this tremendous relief and support effort. EWFAC will be heading down to Ferrara in the coming days to assist our friends in their operation to support our brothers who are rescuing the victims of the Hurricane. If you are planning to help with supplies please contact us at www.ewfac.com and email us at info@ewfac.com because they are overwhelmed down there and we can coordinate things from our area and we will post specific requests as we get them from Ferrara. Thank you.

Putnam County Bureau of Emergency Services are looking to fill a trailer of supplies to send down. Fire equipement and personal needs- clothes, toiletries, food are needed.

Putnam County Bureau of Emergency Services are looking to fill a trailer of supplies to send down.  Fire equipement and personal needs- clothes, toiletries, food are needed.

fitzjr11, is there a collection area to drop supplies off, in order to fill the trailer. I would drop off some supplies, to insure it makes it there sooner than later

I have been working with EWFAC and I believe in Westchester Pelham and Pleasantville will be drop off points and EWFAC has secured a truck to transport the items down to Ferrara. I'm sure EWFAC will have more to post and more details the have been doing a great job working with Chris Ferrara to organize this. so lets help them fill the truck up with plenty of good stuff

Putnam County Bureau of Emergency Services will be accepting doantions of the following at the Putnam County Training & Operation Center 112 Old Route 6 Carmel (Behind DSS) for further information call (845) 808-4000

Water (all sizes)

Clothing, New & Used

Disposable Diapers

Baby Food

Toilet Paper

Toothbrushes, Toothpaste, & Soap (Personal Hygine Supplies)

Candles & Canned Fuel (Sterno)

Blankets, etc

They are looking to drive a trailerload to Mississippi after Wednesday September 21st.

Putnam County Bureau of Emergency Services will be accepting doantions of the following at the Putnam County Training & Operation Center 112 Old Route 6 Carmel (Behind DSS) for further information call (845) 808-4000

Water (all sizes)

Clothing, New & Used

Disposable Diapers

Baby Food

Toilet Paper

Toothbrushes, Toothpaste, & Soap (Personal Hygine Supplies)

Candles & Canned Fuel (Sterno)

Blankets, etc

They are looking to drive a trailerload to Mississippi after Wednesday September 21st.

Thanks for the info, hopefully I can stop over today or tommorrow, I have a ton of clothes my kids have outgrown. That and a little shopping for some of the other supplies listed above.