Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

60 Control Transmissions Database?

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if 60 control keeps an accessible database of radio transmissions in west. county? If so what is the web address?

By database, do you mean an audio archive of transmissions? All their radio and phone traffic is digitally recorded, but I don't think it's available online.

i do mean an audio archive. If it's not available through 60 control is it available anywhere else?

To the best of my knowledge, all of the radio traffic monitored by 60-Control is recorded and saved for a while. I'm not sure how long.

To get any sort of tape, I'm just about 99.99999% sure online would be impossible. To get it, I think you will have to submit a request to the director of emergency services, Michael Volk. (He's in charge of communications and EMS)...

Hope that helps a little bit...

I would presume the tapes are either reel to reel(the real old type), or on a digital recorder(DVR). Usually, in my experience, tapes get pulled for investigations or a specific request. I would suggest maybe talking to a chief with a specific reason for it, then have that request forwarded to 60 for a copy or written transcript.

As has already been said, 60-Controls radio archives are not availible in an online format.

Mike Volk is the proper person to request copies of any tapes. The proper person to make the request would be the head of your agency (chief if FD, Capt. if VAC).

Assuming you're requesting the tapes due to a problem that has occured, it's not up to the indians of a deparment to take this sort of action. Problems should go through your superiors (Lieut, Capt, Chief). It would be the chief to ultimately make the request, should it be necessary.

If the reason for requesting the tapes is for "buff" purposes, don't even waste your time.

An FOA, or Freedom of Information Act, request would probably need to be filled due to there is privileged information. Depends on your relation to the transmissions you would like to hear.

PC-420