Followers 0
x635

Mohegan-Working Fire- 3/3/04

6 posts in this topic

Date: 3/3/04

Times: TP 1241hrs

Frequency:46.26

Units Operating: Mohegan, Yorktown FAST, C and O

Description Of Incident: Fire in a 25 x 40 "ordinary construction" residential structure. No further at this time.

Writer: x635 (629)

Heavy fire apon arrival from the rear of the house an aggresive attack was made interior and exterior fire was knocked down 2 dogs perrished in the fire units assigned

Eng 250 Lad 35 2262,2263,2265,2266 mohegan Fire Amb 69B3

Yorktown squad 270 2532,2533 and the fasteam with some manpower from peekskill and croton onscene assisting.

1404 with c&o

Now lemme ask you a question. How come Mohegan only sends a few rigs to a workin Job? As you said E-250 L-35, and the chiefs were the only units assigned from Mohegan FD. There are 7 other engines that you could used... I don't get. Wouldn't it make sense to send maybe at least 3 engines, and maybe 2 ladders? just to be safe? I'm not familiar with Mohegan FD, Thats why I ask this question.

At this fire, Eng. 250, Eng. 257 and L-35 were present. DFFD227, there is only 1 career firefighter manning each substation and 3 manning HQ. All structure fires get L-35 from HQ and the nearest substation. In this case, 2 substations responded and the ladder from HQ. All the volunteers (approx. 100+ members in dept) respond to the scene unless at the firehouse, typically HQ (and you wonder why I'm always there...lol). Although there are so many rigs, they are all not manned per say. Each station has a structural rig and an MVA/EMS rig. The type of call decides which rig rolls from which substation. Unfortunately, the volunteers cant pick up the other rigs to respond with.

Pictures are now posted on EMTBravo.com

Thanks CG :D,......Just Wanted To Add,Thanks To And Photos By LMFD99, And Submitted By Daveg644