Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BedfordFire

Brush/Forestry Rigs in New York

11 posts in this topic

I was wondering if there are any brush or foresty rigs that are still in service or that existed at one point in westchester or other counties :blink:

-Im talking about trucks with offroad tires and oversized bumpers to mow down trees...

http://www.chivvisent.com/

Edited by BedfordFire

That's a monster truck...reminds me of my old JEEP.

Are you talking just about "stump jumpers" as what was shown on that web page or any off road wildland/brush/forestry truck? As for stump jumpers as a further upstate guy I haven't seen any in my travels except on LI. Even those are being down sized because less need and bigger restrictions on usage in protected areas. In my areas of travel (Orange to Montgomery counties) I have seen alot of different styles of vehicles but no deuce and a halfs as brush trucks or stump jumpers. One or two old raised old willy's style rigs, but mostly Ford 450s & 550s to the best of my recollections.

those types of rigs are quite common up in new england. Cape Cod had a bunch of them that i know of.

The only rig I have seen like that around here is Banksvilles MA 11. It's a late 60's GMC that will go anywhere you want

I do know that greenville (orange county) has a big one like what are on the web pages we just saw, sorry they don't have a web site no pictures, also west point has a huge roll off body brush truck, international 6x6, it is very impressive. Hope that helps!

Doesn't Yonkers have somthing similar? Some sort of old army surplus rig, no?

The correct term for Brush/Forestry in Westchester County is "Subdevelopment".