Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ems-buff

BLS Fly cars!

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone agian. My question to all of you is. Is there a need for BLS Flycars.

I'm trying to get some input on the situation. As most of you need i'm a volunteer EMT, and unforunatly our memebership is slow going down, but there are a few of us that are keeping it going, And for those few that respond. I was thinking of asking my Capt. if the core could look into a car to buy that we can change in to a BLS flycar. Now my reason's are very simple. Most of the voulnteers live out of the village that we cover(i.e. New Rochelle, Pelham larchmont) so it slowly's but not much brings the responds to the hospital down alittle not alot but alittle, and for that fact alone i think it would be a good idea. it whould be station at the EMS headquarters. For the on call drivers and or on call emt. where they can park there car at EMS and have the flycar as a responds vehicle. Now my question to all of you is do you guys who already have flycars in your systems what are some pros and cons of the deal.

well thank's in advance for answering my question guys

Sleepy Hollow Ambulance Corps has a BLS Fly Car that is staffed 24 hours a day 7 days a week and it really makes a difference in response time. When a call comes in the fly car is usually either at the scene or getting the ambulance with in 3 minutes of the initial page. It really is an investment to get a BLS Fly Car especially with the gas prices today but it sometimes can me the difference between life and death. No matter how you look at it of course people are going to complain about who gets to drive the BLS Fly Car but remember if you have the BLS Fly Car you must respond to a call. Also it is good Public Relations for everyone seeing the Fly Car around their community and makes everyone feel alot better. I feel other than the gas prices which your village or town should pay for there is no cons to having a BLS Fly Car. It works very well in the Sleepy Hollow Ambulance Corps.

Edited by SHFD8628

This idea does have some pros such as stated in the previous post. But it does have some con's. Who would be assigned the car, the driver or EMT, and then comes the argument who's more important the driver or emt? Both the same i think.

Then you would also have to train the vehicle operator's in EVOC. I think it can work in the right situation don't get me wrong.

I thought that the horse in the fetal position in the corner was labeled BLS Fly Car thread. I was wondering why anybody would go over and start kicking a wounded animal?

opps i forgot that thread was there sorry all but it is also lock out so atlest i got some more input on the topic

P.S. thank you truckie for the lovely image of you beating a horse when it's down and out i can now sleep at night b/c of that lmao

Do problem, I'm quite a helper.

Ignorance=bliss

Let's all keep our minds open that there are many solutions to the same problem. Some work better than others. One solution may be good for you, but not the answer for someone else.

Ignorance=bliss

Let's all keep our minds open that there are many solutions to the same problem.  Some work better than others.  One solution may be good for you, but not the answer for someone else.

Excellent shot my friend.