Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Danbury FD Hiring Process?

26 posts in this topic

hey anyone know the deal with the danbury fd testing process? how long untill they hire? how many guys their looking for ect? thx

Well im guessing you as did i took the oral the week. I have heard that they are hiring about 16 guyz but i could be wrong

I am not sure exactly how many guys they want to hire this year, but I believe that in Jan. 2006 they are opening a new firehouse, so however many guys they will need to hire to staff that. I am kinda worried, i htink I bombed that Oral Exam :(

From what i understand they are looking to put on 8-10 right away. The new station is slated to be opened in Sept '06, that will put on 12 more guys.

why do you think you bombed the oral? I was just honest and gave them straight answers to what i thought were simple questions .

Does anybody have any info on when they are going to start hiring or when the list is going to be put out.

Danbury already hired 6 guys. They start the fire academy monday. They only ask I think 10 guys that have there CPAT card to a 2nd interview with the chief and mayor.

Did we need a CPAT card to get hired because i figured they would have snet us to one

No it was not a requirement to take the test. But to get guys in the academy they had to hire guys that have a CPAT card. From what i understand there were alot of guys that got passed over that didn't have a CPAT card.

Danbury wanted to fill six openings quickly so they sent 6 guys from the top of the list who already had their CPAT to the academy last Monday. The remaining candidates at the top of the list, approx. 8-15 (not sure on the exact number), will be entering the next academy class in March,06. Background investigations, fingerprinting etc. has already been started for them.

it would be nice if they send out the letters to tell people where they place.

that would be nice however it is proably going to take a while before the rest of us hear what our personal status is. I like a few other people have said, also heard that they hired 6 who already had their cpat and will hire 12 more later on

I took the CPAT and passed the test and took the oral exam and i haven't heard anything. The six guys that got hired were suposidly all FDNY guys. but they are still planning on building a new fire house so cross your fingers.

Just got my letter in the mail today, ranked #49. Isn't the best, isn't the worst. Does anyone think I even have a chance at that rank?

MHC0121, the 6 guys to get hired were not FDNY, I happen to know a couple of them.

xfirefighter484x, #49 is not to bad the list is good for 2 years, there are alot of guys that are going to retire in the near future. I'm #20 on the list, and getting ready for the CPAT.

xfirefighter484x, #49 is not to bad the list is good for 2 years, there are alot of guys that are going to retire in the near future. I'm #20 on the list, and getting ready for the CPAT.

Is it really a 2 year list? On the letter I got, it says it is only a one year list.

It is only a one year list for danbury.

Did anyone else who took that test get the feeling that the hiring process was kind of odd? It felt like those of us who passed, and progressed on to the oral interviews were being kept out of the loop almost. From what I heard the people that failed the written got notification almost immediatley.

MHC0121, the 6 guys to get hired were not FDNY, I happen to know a couple of them.

have you been notified yet or are u just taking good precaution?How does 85 look like?

sorry guys your right it's a one year list. The last time they tested the list was for two years , and they extended it for third year.

71novass, notified about what? They are looking to hire 8-12 in march, and there are rumors that there could be up to 20 retiring in the next 2 years.

sorry guys your right it's a one year list. The last time they tested the list was for two years , and they extended it for third year.

71novass, notified about what? They are looking to hire 8-12 in march, and there are rumors that there could be up to 20 retiring in the next 2 years.

notified to take the cpat

Yes, the orientation is on November 19th. The test will not be sooner than 8 weeks after the orientation.

Does anyone have any info on whats going on with Danbury's hiring? I heard another class starts next month.

6 more firefighters were hired for the March academy. Our physicals/phsychologicals are being done this week and next.