Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

FDNY Mobile Medical Unit 4?

8 posts in this topic

i saw a map of fdny station locations on n2nov.com and under division 1 territory if u look at the location were tl 20 and divison 1 are stationed there an abbreviation mmu 4.im wondering is that mobile medical unit 4 or does that acronnym stand for something else? also i thought those units were disbanded back in the mid-90's.

I'm not sure if it is still there, but it does exist as part of the Fire Family Transport Foundation. It takes firefighters and their families to hospitals, clinics, etc. It also provides transports to memorials and funerals, if memory serves me correctly.

MMU 4 is no longer at L20/D1. When R6 went in, MMU 4 came out. There is also RE523 and RL510 along with highway response 170 at that house.

MMU 4 is no longer at L20/D1. When R6 went in, MMU 4 came out. There is also RE523 and RL510 along with highway response 170 at that house.

Incorrect. MMU 4 has not been around for a long time-Their duties are now done by the FFT's, and has been for at least the past 5 years. Reserve Ladder 705 is kept in the far bay. there is no RL510. Highway response unit 170 is also no longer in service, the rig was never relabeled, and is kept at L20.

Mike

books are not the gospel.

books are not the gospel.

HAHAHAHA.........

I didn't get that out of no book...

I meant L705, but for some reason labeled a reserve ladder as a reserve engine, and not even the correct one. I have shots of RL705 parked in L20. Also, Highway 170 is now a SOC support unit.