Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EX2354

Port Chester Stand-By Pics

8 posts in this topic

Ok i just got in and i gotta ask why? It seems alot of posts get deleted theses days and im sure this 1 will too. But why a Ossining Engine and most of all a Mahopac Engine in Port Chester it doesnt make sense. Talk about abusing the system We all talk about Mt Vernon abusing the mutial aid system but this 1 takes the cake with all the local depts close by.I dont know why this was let to take place .....Truly a miss use of the mutial aid system. I can undrestand Mamaroneck & Rye but Ossining & Mahopac well thats hard to swallow. Sorry if i offened anyone

Edited by EX2354

they provided standbye coverage for are inspection. and we have done the same for those depts for the last few years so try not to bad mouth it till u know the facts.

they provided standbye coverage for are inspection. and we have done the same for those depts for the last few years so try not to bad mouth it till u know the facts.

Bad mouth not at all like i said not to offend anyone but it doesnt make sence Ossining, 40 mins away nevermind Mahopac, not even in Westchester when local depts are closer. To me it just blows my mind

Abusing the Mutual Aid system would be constantly using the same agencies for every incident. The Port Chester Chiefs gave the local agencies a break and still provided coverage for the village

10-4 on that, plus a couple of Port Chester members stayed with us.

WHATEVER! :blink::blink::D

Well,

I usually keep my comments to myself concerning the "Monday Morning Quarterbacks",but however,this must be addressed.

First off,I am not here to justify or debate this issue.

Mutual aid as I see it,is to rely on neighboring Dept.s for aid in an Emergency.

Abuse of the mutual aid system,is in my opinion,to rely on a constant basis,for assistance,for any incident above the norm..

THIS WAS NOT THE CASE!!!!!

Is it really an issue who covers Port Chester / Rye Brook?

To use all local Departments,than you would be depleting your Mutual aid/resources.

That was not mutual aid..That was making sure that the residents of the Villages of Port Chester & Rye Brook were provided the same amount of coverage that is ALWAYS provided.

In case you don't know,the dinner takes place @ Arrowwood hotel in Rye Brook,which is in the Northest most part of the Villages.By providing coverage at the southend station those residents still were provided the same level of coverage as always.

Without such coverage,it would by a total lack of responsiblity on the Chief's part to the residents of the southern- end of the Village.

Once again,Thanks to the Stand By companies.....

Hopefully,this "Debate" is over....

Oh,....I get it. However, I wonder how the insurance or workmen's compensation companies would feel if they had a claim filed while an insured was covering for a department more than 40 miles away who was at a party ? Hhhhhmmmm !

Ok i just got in and i gotta ask why? It seems alot of posts get deleted theses days and im sure this 1 will too. But why a Ossining Engine  and most of all a Mahopac Engine in Port Chester it doesnt make sense. Talk about abusing the system We all talk about Mt Vernon abusing the mutial aid system  but this 1 takes the cake with all the local depts close by.I dont know why this was let to take place .....Truly a miss use of the mutial aid system. I can undrestand Mamaroneck & Rye but Ossining & Mahopac well thats hard to swallow. Sorry if i offened anyone

Why do you think so many posts get deleted nowadays? These posts aren't just randomly deleted, and why do word your post the way you do if you know it's not acceptable and is going to cause an issue?

Maybe it has something to do with the negativity, monday morning quarterbacking, people making comments without having all the facts or accurate information, etc etc....after I clearly state why I do not want these types of comments

I have addressed this issue numerous times, and most of the postive contributing members know and agree with how I feel. This board will be a positive, constructive, and friendly place to exchange information and ideas.

If a member wants to be negative, you want to violate the rules and purpose of this forum (which is clearly posted in numerous locations on this forum), then those members posts will be deleted. No matter the problems in this business, this forum will NOT become a bashfest!!!!

If you, or anyone else, has any further issues with the way this forum is run, I'd love to hear them. Otherwise, I am still quite annoyed that members know that their posts are in violation of the purpose of this forum, and still choose to disregard my comments