Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FDNY 10-75

2 New FDNY pieces

12 posts in this topic

the ford link does not work

Fixed Link

Edited by FDNY 10-75

why are there no lights or sirens on the reabreather transport is it going to respond with the mask service units

The reabreather unit is not part of MSU. It's part of SOC and will be used for hazmat and other situations that require longer airtime of the SCBA. Looks like one of the old EMS Oxygen delivery trucks which never had any lights or sirens. I am sure they will add them to the unit.

You are correct that the unit is not part of Mask Service Unit. Here is what that unit carry's:

BG-4 Closed Circuit Breathing Apparatus (CCBA): Extended Operation - Up to 4 Hours!

The Draeger BG-4 is a NIOSH & MSHA Approved Closed Circuit Breathing Apparatus provides superior respiratory protection in IDLH environments for up to 4 hours! Conventional SCBA’s are limited to just one hour or less and do not provide the extended time that is required in critical operations like: search and rescue, hazardous materials clean-up, domestic preparedness, or mine and tunnel rescue. The low profile of the BG-4 makes it easy to use under protective clothing. Every BG-4 is equipped with a fully electronic alarm, test and pressure display system that provides continuous information to the user.

stay safe

The Rebreather was called out today for the 3rd in Manhattan at the Subway station on 6av and w8st. It was escourted by a FDNY SUV.

IMG_6986.jpg

They could have at least put it on a Mack MR chassis at least! That Volve is FUGLY!!!

why that paticular model? couldnt they just get a new truck? i think its the ugliest fdny veichle in the fleet next to mrtu 1.

I think this is just a stop gap like the Ryder trucks were. If I can remember right this truck was used by EMS to exchange O2 at the stations, that's why it never had lights. Also this rebreather thing is new to the FDNY and it seems they just want to get it on the road. One aspect on the system is that you need to keep part of it on ice in a freezer, in the photo you will see the portable generator which is hooked up to the freezer in the back of the truck. I would have to say if they like the concept and willing to make it work you will see a custom truck in the future. Something with a built in generator and freezer that runs all the time like an ice cream truck.

The Volvo is Ex Ems. It is a temporary vehicle until two stepvans with built-in refrigerated cooling systems are placed into service. The stepvans will also have built-in closed circuit breathing apparatus recharging stations.

The Draeger BG-4 is the closed circuit breathing apparatus in use by SOC. It weighs 30 Lbs. All rescues, squads and hazmat 1 have been trained with these, and each unit listed has 1 system.

The Air Compressor unit is a 2005 Ford F-450 S&P. It has a Sullair 250 CFM compressor, two 100' air hose reels, and 4 air outlets. It carries four flexible and one long and one short non-flexible tubes. These tubes carried are used for the Con Ed vacuum trucks that are employed at trench rescues and collapse incidents.